will this scattershield work for me?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think small block Chevy, big block Chevy(all 1970s or older) and 348/409 are the same for a Lakewood but not 100 % sure.
I would get one with the block plate and the scattershield
Paul

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
You're right,Paul,that one will work.The block bolt pattern is the same for all three of those engines from 55-end of production.

skaz

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
i thought it might............. it was the position of the fork..........cheers skaz

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have seen a QuickTime bell housing that had a clutch explosion, it didn't fare very well. :drop

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have Quick time and Lakewood both are good Quick time is lighter though

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Which ever one you choose remember to index it to center it up. I am using a Lakewood bellhousing with a factory fork in my 62 and it works well. I have heard that the quick time bellhousing centers up easier due to better tolerances vs the Lakewood but I don’t know if there is any truth to that or just internet myth.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
From what I gather watching both videos from both Lakewood and QuickTime they’re both owned by the same company now and basically manufactured just about the same with the exact same tolerances on centerline and on dowel holes.....And now that they’re produced by the same company they say the Lakewood has lost 12 pounds