Americans & Guns?????

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
For home protection Skip I would advise getting a pump. If someone is in your house and you chamber a round in the pump that sound is unmistakable. Can't hear anything with the 2 row(double barrel)except the action snapping shut.
A pump shotgun is the best home defense gun you could have, if they don't have enough sense to retreat after hearing the sound of the action chambering a round they deserve the consequence!!!

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Its hard to find these days but BB shot makes a GREAT home defense round, the shell is packed with shot that measures .177" in diameter.

I used BB steel shot for goose hunting due to Federal regulations. It's range was not as good as lead for the longer shots related to hunting. I think it was .180
Steel shot goes on through and lead shot deforms.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When I was a kid, we used to spend time, in a place called Red Mill creek.:clap It was a Saturday thing. There would be four or five of us. We would bring sammiches and soda, swim and go fishing Great Time. It was a little bit of a hike, (2) miles across the Hudson river, on the Dunn Memorial Bridge. This one particular Saturday, somebody suggested we go visit Farmer MacCluskey's garden.:rolleyes Get some home grown Tomatoe's and Corn. :cloudYum. We rummaged through, a few aisles of Tomatoes, and the next thing we heard was "hey you little Bastards" Blam.:drop Double barrel rock salt.:cryWe got out of their, as quick as our sore asses, would carry us. We didn't do much swimming or fishing that day. :(Was a much longer walk home, limping.:roll

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
When I was a kid, we used to spend time, in a place called Red Mill creek.:clap It was a Saturday thing. There would be four or five of us. We would bring sammiches and soda, swim and go fishing Great Time. It was a little bit of a hike, (2) miles across the Hudson river, on the Dunn Memorial Bridge. This one particular Saturday, somebody suggested we go visit Farmer MacCluskey's garden.:rolleyes Get some home grown Tomatoe's and Corn. :cloudYum. We rummaged through, a few aisles of Tomatoes, and the next thing we heard was "hey you little Bastards" Blam.:drop Double barrel rock salt.:cryWe got out of their, as quick as our sore asses, would carry us. We didn't do much swimming or fishing that day. :(Was a much longer walk home, limping.:roll
I love that story. I mostly love it because I was not one of you in Farmer Mac Cluskey's garden that day. Isn't it great to reminisce about those times:good However they always seem better years later when the sound of that shotgun isn't ringing in your ears anymore or that rock salt isn't stinging. :D

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

The one thing that could have made your day even better Skip is if you could have got your hands on some of MacCluskey's shikens.:D

Mark

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I knew she was special, and from her on our first Christmas, my wife jeanne, gave me a .45 cal 1911. I was shocked and so happy and since then we've bought more and go to the range with the kids...

Protecting the ones you love is love :>)

Last edited:

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I knew she was special, and from her on our first Christmas, my wife jeanne, gave me a .45 cal 1911. I was shocked and so happy and since then we've bought more and go to the range with the kids...

Protecting the ones you love is love :>)
My wife wanted a gun of her own so I bought her a 38 snub nose for our 38th wedding anniversary and told her she has to get me a 45 for our 45 anniversary, 2 more years and I get a new 1911 Lol.

chuckl

Well Known Member
A Dirty Harry handgun (44 Magnum, 265 grain) with soft nose, hollow point rounds will remove an entire shoulder or hip. It will take one's spine completely out. We will not mention a head shot. A perp who breaks into your home at 1 or 2 in the morning is not there to say hi or wish you good fortune. Chuckl

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
When this George Floyd rioting started, there were problems, in Albany, and some in Colonie, where we are.:doh A few days later an Anti-Asshole went on TV and said, you MFer's, in the Burbs, and Farmers, in the country, "we are coming for you". Yeah people in the country, are always "locked and loaded" That's when, my 2 son's told me, to get a gun.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
<<<<<<<Fast Forward, ten or so years.:rolleyes My wife and I were visiting my boss Ed. Great guy and family:bow We were driving back to Albany, in my 64. Conv. It just so happens, we were coming down the road, by farmer MacCluskey's. I started telling Judy, we used to swim and fish around the corner, in Red Mill Creek. As we passed the farm, we heard a noise, under the dash. It sounded like a fuse, on a stick of dynamite. P-f-f-f-f-t-t-t-t. I immediately pulled over, and turned the car off. The wire from the Alternator, to the Stewart Warner Amp gauge, was glowing red, and went up in smoke. Burned most of the insulation off the wire. Must have come in contact, with bare metal.:hide Luckily, no other damage. I disconnected the wire, and we drove home. :applKarma ????:dunno

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
<<<<<<<Fast Forward, ten or so years.:rolleyes My wife and I were visiting my boss Ed. Great guy and family:bow We were driving back to Albany, in my 64. Conv. It just so happens, we were coming down the road, by farmer MacCluskey's. I started telling Judy, we used to swim and fish around the corner, in Red Mill Creek. As we passed the farm, we heard a noise, under the dash. It sounded like a fuse, on a stick of dynamite. P-f-f-f-f-t-t-t-t. I immediately pulled over, and turned the car off. The wire from the Alternator, to the Stewart Warner Amp gauge, was glowing red, and went up in smoke. Burned most of the insulation off the wire. Must have come in contact, with bare metal.:hide Luckily, no other damage. I disconnected the wire, and we drove home. :applKarma ????:dunno

I like that story too. I like it because it wasn't my wire burning up :D