Edlebrock water pump

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was looking at my new pump from June 15 2007. I believe this is part of the early lot numbers? Any issues with factory pulleys lining up when installed on this 8858 pump? Did anyone notice any difference with the pump other then weight? Bored in the garage and messing around with deep thoughts.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_20200727_210121.jpg
    IMG_20200727_210121.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 4

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought one of the early ones and then sold it to someone on here. There was some kind of issue and he corrected it. Can't remember what it was though.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here’s another early E-brock H2O pump I recently came across. Make sure you give it a close look before installation!3485AFBD-5E03-45D5-A9D7-BA2F4106709F.jpeg635B0050-D970-4545-99C3-B3324FF036CE.jpeg

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thanks Guys, I feel like the flange is mounted deeper than it should be. I put a double deep groove pulley and tried a rough measure on the bench and it seems closer to pump then the current stock pump. Again just messing around.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks Guys, I feel like the flange is mounted deeper than it should be. I put a double deep groove pulley and tried a rough measure on the bench and it seems closer to pump then the current stock pump. Again just messing around.

That would be an easy enough fix

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought one not long after they came out and it works great but when i put it on a couple of the bolts that hold the back plate on hit the timing gear cover just needed to replace them with bolts with shorter heads

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought one not long after they came out and it works great but when i put it on a couple of the bolts that hold the back plate on hit the timing gear cover just needed to replace them with bolts with shorter heads

I think that's what the person that bought mine had said about it.