What year, make and model is this Tach?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
20200809_113143.jpg20200809_113202.jpg20200809_113210.jpg
I'm going to switch out my pro memory tach and install this baby. Just wanting to know what it is and how old it may be. Thought it may look better on my vintage jet boat too.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Wow 267 for what was a 30.00 dollar tach that if you were lucky read within 10 percent of the actual engine rpm.Nice for looks,poor for accuracy,which one would you want for your expensive engine???
I've never used a tach for accuracy. I've always used it for more of a heart monitor just to see how things are going in general. I can hear all kinds of nuances in the motor and feel it in my butt too. More of eye candy in my car. LOL!

427John

Well Known Member
If thats a dixco I would say its an earlier one like early 60's later 60's dixco's followed suit with sun and used color on their face graphics, by the 70's their big daddy and maple leaf gary beck tachs were coming out.I would take the cup off and look at the back of the head there may be more detailed information such as manufacture date and model number.It might indicate how you need to wire it and whether or not it needs a transmitter also.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If thats a dixco I would say its an earlier one like early 60's later 60's dixco's followed suit with sun and used color on their face graphics, by the 70's their big daddy and maple leaf gary beck tachs were coming out.I would take the cup off and look at the back of the head there may be more detailed information such as manufacture date and model number.It might indicate how you need to wire it and whether or not it needs a transmitter also.
Yep, good idea. It looks the part and so long as I don't fry it or it doesn't fry my equipment then it can take the place of my race tach.