Giny's new ride !!

Junky

Well Known Member
They are great if you need one to get around. My FIL had one that he would "split" and put into the trunk of his car, so he could get around when he went to the flea market in Florida. I have one for getting around in Carlisle, since I can no longer walk long distances. Just make sure to keep it fully charged, and the batteries will last for 3 or 4 years. You probably already know this, that the lever sticking up above the rear wheels is to disengage the rear wheels, so you can push the scooter, should the battery become discharged.

Junky

Well Known Member
One thing that I forgot to mention, which is extremely important. When getting off of the machine, make sure that the key is in the off position. A few years ago, I crashed my scooter while getting off, because my jacket caught the hand paddles that activate the wheels. I was lucky, because I only hit a garbage barrel, and the machine only tipped over slightly. I was also lucky that there were people around that helped me get up, and get the scooter off of me. I don't know if the newer scooters have a seat switch that disables the movement of the machine when you are not on the seat, and if they don't, they should.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
One thing that I forgot to mention, which is extremely important. When getting off of the machine, make sure that the key is in the off position. A few years ago, I crashed my scooter while getting off, because my jacket caught the hand paddles that activate the wheels. I was lucky, because I only hit a garbage barrel, and the machine only tipped over slightly. I was also lucky that there were people around that helped me get up, and get the scooter off of me. I don't know if the newer scooters have a seat switch that disables the movement of the machine when you are not on the seat, and if they don't, they should.
my Craftsman Lawn Tractor has that option This scooter does not.