Tenxal

tenxal

Well Known Member
It was a bittersweet day yesterday as the car went to it's new owner. We accomplished more than I ever thought we could. If anyone would have told me in 2014 that we would eventually put the car in the 10's on the 12.00 index, I would have laughed at them. Lots of great people over the last years have helped...some more than they realize.
smile.gif

-Kevin Nyhus: A great brother that really loves racing.
-Steve Koppien: You opened your shop and gave me the benefit of your experiences.
-Matt Steen & Jason Verke @ Victory Engines: Killer good engine work and advice.
-Bob Sherwood: You were generous with your dyno and your time.
-John McLeod: Thanks for your positive energy.
-Jim Marshall: Your long distance advice means a lot.
-Ron Roddel: Paying it forward..helping me in so many ways. Rest in peace, my friend.

Thanks to everyone for everything!
smile.gif
-Al

Nc8B1r6l.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Al, I read all your post and about your nova and your racing experiences. I know I have never met you in person, but the conversations we had through the media have been enlightening. You are a humble man and you realize who support you and who your friends are and how much they mean to you. Hats off to you Al!!!! And I am positive that whatever endeavor may be in your future you will conquer it with the same humbleness friendships and perseverance. Good luck AL.:good And may you continue to be able to Burn a Tire!:burnout

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Imagine that? Wouldn’t expect anything less :brow The next question would be if it’s not top-secret what’s it going in? And of course we need pics! Thanks Al, hearing from you is like opening gifts at Christmas you never know what to expect!!!!! Exciting.
Very interesting looking exhaust adapters on the heads.:scratch

tenxal

Well Known Member
Very interesting looking exhaust adapters on the heads.:scratch

The plates duplicate the exhaust port shape and allow the use of a splayed bolt 'Stahl pattern' flange on the headers so there's no indent in the header tubes for bolts.

There's a lot more left in this engine but that's as far as we needed to go with it. It was there at our suggestion as the car runs slow and the first question to answer is: "Does it make the power it should?":dunno

Now that the owner knows it does, he can start working from the firewall back to find the problem(s).

The 'free' power we found was a benefit but not the main reason it was there. :)

The 396/375 Stock Eliminator engine we had on the dyno the week before was another story, though....:confused

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Stahl pattern, looks like 409 W. When was the last time you worked on a BBC? Ever work on Buick or Pontiac big blocks?