Home Wrecker New Best

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Still iron heads, Edelbrock intake, and 50 year old afb carbs. And still 3850 pounds! 10.13! I am still stunned it went that fast! Backed it up with a 10.14. I think that’s it though. Air was good and I moved timing around and jetting and couldn’t get any more. Maybe there is a few hundredths but that’s it. I can finally say it’s maxed out.03B36219-0838-41E4-98DC-56B6D6D01A83.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I used to travel around and run track and field as a sprinter in my younger years. A new best time is never the end of the road but the beginning of a new journey to find that next break through. You will continue to strive for a better performance and though it gets harder and harder with every gain, you experience and expertise will continue to tune the balance between you and your equipment and find ways to improve. Its always a thrill to watch you run and I look forward to seeing you make that car faster.:burnout

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I used to travel around and run track and field as a sprinter in my younger years. A new best time is never the end of the road but the beginning of a new journey to find that next break through. You will continue to strive for a better performance and though it gets harder and harder with every gain, you experience and expertise will continue to tune the balance between you and your equipment and find ways to improve. Its always a thrill to watch you run and I look forward to seeing you make that car faster.:burnout

The only way this thing is getting any faster is new parts and dollars! I’ve done everything from squaring the rear end to the front spindle centerline to different brake caliper o-rings to reduce drag. I’ve been through every inch experimenting. Next step is to finally modify a busted factory intake I got from Phill and make it a single plane. That should but me into the 9s all day. The issue is do I want to go 9s. License, turn roll bar into a cage, gloves, pants, shoes, window net, chassis cert etc.Then what about the mint factory original bench? I like it and so does everyone else. Not safe though. ?????