62 impala ss 409 vacuum

jiminy

guy's have not been on lately trying to get the car together for the muscle car nationals then they canceled it crazy times anyway does any one know where the vacuum advance connects on my 409 duel quad 62 impala?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
guy's have not been on lately trying to get the car together for the muscle car nationals then they canceled it crazy times anyway does any one know where the vacuum advance connects on my 409 duel quad 62 impala?
Depends on your set up. What carbs are you running?

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
everything is stock on the car bought it as a basket case trying to keep it as stock as possible
You need a copy of a factory assembly manual then. Has lots of great information that a repair manual won't have but you should really have both. My factory assembly manual has more information in it for my wagon then the repair manual covers with images/drawings.

jiminy

ok i will take a look at that thank you someone told me there was a hollow stud at the rear carb?

jiminy

great well i guess i need to find the correct distributor then thanks to every one that replied

Jerry B

Well Known Member
There was a 62 409 single point distributor 1111006 with a vacuum advance. Some disagreement as to whether it was ever factory installed on just available in a service package. Do a search on this forum for 1111006 to see some old postings. I'm running one a a 62 dual quad engine. Vacuum advance is connected to back of rear carb. Works fine.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I agree Jerry. I had an NOS one at the business at one time. Any vacuum advance distributor should work.....as long as it is a 348 or 409 distributor.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Just talked with a Local DesMoines member on here (Mike) yesterday. He was eye balling my Wagon in my driveway as I was walking up to it to snap a picture for someone else on here. Anyway, we got to chatting and he has a dual point distributor for 64' I believe. I'll track down his info and get it to you if a 64' dual point will work for you.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I have a single point 09 dist.around here w/vacuum advance.Unless this is going to be a show only car that's never driven much,that's what should be in there.Spark plugs will last longer for one thing.