Happy Birthday! MOM

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Just a shout out to my mother who on Mon. 28th will be 100 years old!!! She has always been a survivor!!!! Born and raised on her parents farm, she met my father in a neighboring town. He was working on his family's 760 acre farm. My dad, grandpa and great grandfather all worked on the farm together. Mom and Dad were married in 1942 and I came along in 1944 and my sister in 1946. In 1949 my Dad was killed in an airplane crash. 8 years later, Mom remarried and 2 years later, my younger sister was born. She was the one Candy and I have been taking care of for the last 3 years. I haven't posted this before but Barb passed away July 1 this year. Jerry (stepfather) passed away in 1999 in surgery. So Mom has lost 2 husbands and a daughter. But she is a survivor!!!!!
Mom had been involved in many organizations....can't name them all. She has been a member of the Kansas Federation of Republican Women serving as President for 2 years. She has met many past Presidents and First Ladies for many years.
I received a call last Friday from the KFRW, that they had presented a Distinguished Award for mom for her years of service. Her Kansas Senator Pat Robert's will be with us on Monday at a small ceremony on Mon. afternoon.
So.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!!!
PS: Mom's Dad lived to 103 1/2!!!!! With this kind of genes....
you guys aren't gettin' rid of me anytime soon!!!!!!!!

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Happy Happy birthday Phil's Mom.
My Mom will be 98 in OCT.

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s