WELL..............

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
You could loosen the lug nuts on both wheels and take a 4 x 4 (cut to the right length) and a bottle jack on its side (pump on the bottom) and put it between the wheels and jack them apart till they break loose. I would prefer this over beating on things.
This is what I was going to suggest next. Most likely stuck on the hub. That's where the ones were stuck that I had to jack apart.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
This is what I was going to suggest next. Most likely stuck on the hub. That's where the ones were stuck that I had to jack apart.
My luck would be I'd jack one side off and be "stuck" with the other one without any leverage!!!!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
They are Cecil!!!!!! My new ones that is!!!!
When, or if, you get them off see if they have 2- 29/32 dia. hub holes or 2- 21/32 holes. my guess is the latter.
Since these are after market wheels how do you know they have the same hub hole size as the originals. Even GM couldn't keep them straight. I bought a set of replacement 3837080 Chevy 15x5.5K wheels from the Chevy dealer that the parts catalog said were for 57-64 Corvette. Well they almost fit on my 62 and I actually got one on but it was tight. I had to fight it but took it off and filed out the hub hole just enough to make it fit like the originals but shouldn't have to do that.
Bottom line is not all hubs or holes are the same...close but not right.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The hub hole on the mags is much larger then the cars hub, they're stuck on the lug holes or behind against the drum

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
My luck would be I'd jack one side off and be "stuck" with the other one without any leverage!!!!
Jack one side loose, snug those lug nuts back up a little, then take nuts off the other side, jack against the wheel that has already been loosened. Both will need some wire brushing on the axle before the new wheels go on. The last one I had stuck was a 88 3/4 ton pickup with factory wheels. Just rusted on. It doesn't take much. Montana is not known as a rust state.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Well I would be throwing that volo tag in the trash since the sales video said it was turn key ready to go. Wheels preference easy to change,,,ha. So rear brakes were not checked either.I would be calling volo.Is there any kind of a warranty on the car??? Maybe not???