14 inch rims that fit

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Are you planning on frt.disc brakes for the car? If so Mike [1958Delivery] will likely have the best definative answer to your question.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The disk kit I put on my wagon will fit the 14inch factory rims so long as you have a 1" spacer behind them. First you must know which kit you are getting before you consider what rim to use. My factory rims come close to clearing the caliper but needs the spacer.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Thank you for your answers .Maybe I need to be more specific. If I go to a junkyard how do I tell if 14 inch rims will fit an Impala 61-64??
5 on 4.75 inches. 5 bolts and cross-wise they are 4.75 inches away. If you can find newer rims then look for ones with the widest opening in the rear to clear the disk brakes you are thinking about. I have some old school aluminum slots that clear my disk break set up but that isn't what I want to run on my car. You are close enough to CTC Auto ranch in Denton. You need to run up there and see what you can find there. May run into some tri-5 (1955-1957) chevy's with 15x5" rims. Those are the ones to get in my opinion. Great skinny front runners and a wide selection of tire sizes to pull from. Biggest issue with 14" is few people make tires for them any more.