1959 El Camino

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Very few full size Buicks had anything but automatic transmissions but that one likely has the 425 inch,2-4 bbl. nail in it.The 4 speed was optional in 64-65 full size Buicks.Very few had them.I had a buddy in high school whose mother had a Wildcat so equipped.She never would let us drive it though :dunno.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Very few full size Buicks had anything but automatic transmissions but that one likely has the 425 inch,2-4 bbl. nail in it.The 4 speed was optional in 64-65 full size Buicks.Very few had them.I had a buddy in high school whose mother had a Wildcat so equipped.She never would let us drive it though :dunno.

She must’ve known that wildcat would’ve brought out the Eddie Haskell in you............:burnout......!!!!!!

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Back in 1974 I bought a 65 Riviera non GS with Super Wildcat 2/4bbl. Owned it till 1984. Every option except A/c and that car was pretty quick. I still have the protecto plate and books. I actually found the car in Wisconsin a few months ago. Not for sale. The big cars did get 4 speeds. The shifter is one of the wildest things you can see. They call it a boomerang shifter and its a helluva contraption. So very few made.