348-409 tri-power to 700r4 accessories..

409deuce

Anybody pulled this off recently and have a retailer in mind that offers everything needed? Lock-up switch.. t.v. cable bracket.. throttle cable assembly. Thanks for sharing.

Gofish

Well Known Member
You ask a popular question. You can find more info with a search on this forum, but below is one of my responses from some time back. In a nutshell, get that Hot Rod magazine and I think you’ll find what you’re after. The URL helps too.

John

Nov 14, 2020#19
The June 2019 Hot Rod magazine has a helpful article about the 700R4 and similarly-controlled transmissions. It includes some internal upgrades to improve resilience, etc. There is also good information at the link below, which focuses on the critical carb linkage required to pull the TV cable properly on acceleration (sounds harder than it is, as others here have mentioned). I have a 700R4 with the mods suggested in the Hot Rod article in my avatar car - works well.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/techinfo/700R4p7.html

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Bow Tie Overdrive can help.Just be forewarned they're kits like most of the aftermarket stuff only allows clutch lock up in 4th.gear only.
locking the converter clutch in 2nd through 4th with a momentary switch is an easy upgrade and you’ll have a grin on your face. Get the right converter and you have the ability to lock the converter under full throttle.