Someone just bought a pretty nice 1964 SS 409 car on ebay.

427John

Well Known Member
Wonder if there's going to be trouble on that sale,the seller carries on about the rebuilt not original to the car 425hp 409,and then much farther down in the description quietly mentions that the engine doesn't go with the car.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Do people actually buy cars like this without talking to the owner on the phone first?
People do buy cars online without ever speaking to anyone. My day job is reliant upon making people know everything they can by looking at the car. If the write up, pictures and videos of the classic car doesn't tell you everything you need to know about the car then you are looking for something else like history we would have mentioned in the paragraph about the car. Most of the time people do call because we are a dealership. But probably 20% of people that buy from us don't call until after they have won the auction. Then those people just want to know how to handle shipping.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Below in comments.

I must be out of touch....25k for a basket case.......:winner 64's ain't that good lookin.....:facepalm
No doubt someone paid a premium on the car. Considering all of the parts needed to make it a nice car are there and seemingly either new or nice condition, then it would seem like a great buy for anyone that has ever wanted a 64' SS 409 4spd car but doesn't have the ability to do heavy lifting work. I wouldn't have paid that much for it but it is in the right ball park.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So did it sell on Ebay and the new owner is trying to flip it,or did the owner end the auction and now listed it on facebook?And the winning bidder has a feedback of 1?
Hard to tell when there is NO LINK to the facebook ad to look. :dunno2

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My wife just posted pics of the Facebook group it's on as I don't know or care how to share a Facebook link. Too hard from my phone