From the Rick Treworgy‘s Collection

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
What auction will these cars be on? (not that I could afford either) Ok ay - now I see Mecum

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
there's a disclaimer on that collection that they've been sitting idle for years, most of them...they warn buyers all tires, rubber parts, and driveline should be gone thru so you're not driving a leaker...

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Did not see any of those 409 cars there 5 or 6 years ago. Plenty of Vett's and Camaro's though. Lot's of neat stuff. 2 or 3 Cameo trucks also.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Can't believe the '61 Convertible went for that much.

Now if it had the original engine, maybe...
Says 425hp so not likely the original engine since there was never a 61' with that much hp from the factory. Strange part was I didn't see anything special about it. Had several aftermarket hotrod parts bolted on so I figured it would never hit $80 but when the rich have money to burn they burn it!

62BillT

Well Known Member
I'd be willing to bet that he kept a few of his favorites for his own keep.

Looking to the bright side, there is going to be a lot of new happy car owners out there.

The negative is that I never got to see them all, lol. I practically rode right by the place years ago, but never knew it existed.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Did not see any of those 409 cars there 5 or 6 years ago. Plenty of Vett's and Camaro's though. Lot's of neat stuff. 2 or 3 Cameo trucks also.

Dave my red 62 came out of there but more than 6 years ago. Honestly I don’t recall the year as I wasn’t involved. I always heard the trade to get it involved a 62 Corvette to replace it :dunno2
Robert