Ecklers "new and improved '62 hood springs"

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I stupidly ordered a set of Eckler's "new and improved" hood springs for my '62. They are no better than the repops that are on the car and of course, wouldn't hold the hood up. I am waiting to buy a set of OE hinges and springs from Paul. In the meantime I sent them back for a refund and to point out what pieces of junk they are. It cost me $12 to send them back to their returns department. After not seeing any refund, I called and was told it had just been looked at by the returns department. My tracking showed they had received them 10 days before. I was told I would get my refund in the next 3-5 days. I said I wanted the cost of what I paid to originally have them sent to me. I knew I would have to eat the return shipping. Checked this morning, and I did get a refund but only for the parts - $36.95. Paid $52.16 with shipping plus $12 return shipping so I had $64.16 in them. Lost $27.21 for an inferior product and worse customer service. Obviously, I will NEVER do business with Ecklers again. Chalk it up to "I should have known better". Rant over

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I see that differently that should be considered a defective part! These companies only want to sell things certain ways to avoid liability but when comes to the smallest loop hole the customer eats it all “not smart” on there part. It’s just plain bullshit! It reminds me of a time a local speed shop here who sold me a x pipe for manual transmission car and I had a automatic when we ordered we spoke for a good hour in person. Safe to say it did not fit the car without making serious cuts & bends plus the company made one for an automatic car why would I do all that lol Anyway he told me this is performance parts everything requires a degree of modification. Which to a point a I agree except when your buying as a correct application. So he got super anger started freaking over shipping cost which then I told him to deduct shipping and have a nice life lol He’s out of business now lost a lot of people the same way!

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
A local friend about 10 years ago also bought the repro hood hinges from Ecklers, same problems.
I know he talked to them at the time, I am not sure he returned them.
I sold him a good set of hinges at the time for his 62 red 409 convertible.
Its amazing that Ecklers has nothing about selling the junk hood hinges even after 10 + years.

Paul

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I sent their customer service a link to what I posted relative to the junk hood springs. To their credit, They have indicated that they will refund both the shipping I paid to get them and my shipping cost back to them. I appreciate it but what a painful process.

hfpjr76

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I sent their customer service a link to what I posted relative to the junk hood springs. To their credit, They have indicated that they will refund both the shipping I paid to get them and my shipping cost back to them. I appreciate it but what a painful process.
Well that’s great a waste of time but at least you got your $$ back. I wouldn’t mind purchasing from them then!!

Shaark92

Well Known Member
wow. sorry to hear about that experience ... thank you for that information. :P

I've had really good experience with Ecklers ... the key is finding a guy who knows something more about your car than the computer screen tells ... and call him direct. Dump the online catalog search. proceed direct to the best expert they have. Dave Reed was my guy. B Body Impala guy, but he knew the X-Frames, too. x3355