Slow build 1962

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Keith I would think you could run any type of clutch, I am running a McLeod Soft Lock it has a cintered iron disc that slips a little till it gets hot, its supposed to soften the jolt on launch and minimize tire spin. The pressure plate has adjustable static pressure and counterweights to lock up tight at high RPM, its probably not the most ideal clutch for the street.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You can run any clutch if the gear box is clutch assisted. If it's an adjustable unit setup with a little slip on the gear change, you can just yank on it. If the clutch is like a on/off switch, it's better to tap the clutch or it's really hard on parts. A clutchless gear box is really not street friendly. You have to physically hold it in gear or it pops back into neutral as soon as the load is off it.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks guys I’m excited to get it. Steve that is the reason I went with clutch assisted is I do street drive my car. Brian I never asked the reason as to why they stopped selling the clutchless transmission being it wasn’t an option I was interested in but I might when I get the call it’s done.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It’s a maybe Paul. It is close so I have been thinking about it. Barry I like the shifter but after measuring it up I don’t like where it will sit so I’m considering making a new mount for it to put it where I want and new rods. It looks like I would have to cut 2-3” more out of my tunnel to fit it in there. I will eventually get to sleep Steve after I get my ideas thought out.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ah ha! Looking how far forward it is I figured you wanted to move it back. I have mine further back and the stick curves forward a little then back. Clears with the bench all the way forward. Send me your address and I’ll send those air valves. I will be shipping some me stuff any time now. I can now get in the attic.

Attachments

• 19552410-25EA-4BBE-920F-770C48B6266D.jpeg
    19552410-25EA-4BBE-920F-770C48B6266D.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 33