Cars

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
[1 of new cars came by again the sky filled many hitting the cars the Engineer stopped the train backed up got out and started yelling at all the bottle throwers again the sky filled with bottles almost hitting him, he got back in and left, I guess when theres 65,000 kids theres not much he could do!!!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Wonder how many had BB gun damage?
Darn kids!
In 1977 a buddy n I went to the King Dome in Seattle to see Led Zeplin next to the entry was railroad tracks there was about 65,000 waiting to get in many camped out for days. Every 1/2 hr or so a train would go by slowly and the sky would fill with beer n wine bottles many hitting the train cars, a shipment of new cars came by again the sky would fill, this time the Engineer stopped the train backed up stopped n got out yelling at the kids the sky once again filled many almost hitting him he jumped back in n left :tongue:tongue:tongue

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Cheapest I can remember gasoline, I can remember looking up at the big lighted black and yellow sign along the old beltline,(12&18) must’ve been about 11 years old I can remember seeing $.48 Fisca gasoline.....1974...75???
I worked at a Sunoco station when I was in the service in the mid-60's. I usually worked alone at night (after working at the base). That was back when gas was 19 cents per gallon. Interesting times! Kids would come in and buy 25 cents of gas and expect you to check the oil and clean the windshield, plus get green stamps, all of which I had to do 'cuz the boss expected it. Then there were the girls that were teasers that would flash you when you cleaned their side of the windshield, usually with their boy friend driving. Boy, those were the days!

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I worked at a Sunoco station when I was in the service in the mid-60's. I usually worked alone at night (after working at the base). That was back when gas was 19 cents per gallon. Interesting times! Kids would come in and buy 25 cents of gas and expect you to check the oil and clean the windshield, plus get green stamps, all of which I had to do 'cuz the boss expected it. Then there were the girls that were teasers that would flash you when you cleaned their side of the windshield, usually with their boy friend driving. Boy, those were the days!

:dance3

55Brodie

Well Known Member
I worked at the "tourist plaza" at a truck stop on I95 in Virginia in the early 70's and I can definitely relate to scrubbing windshields thin whenever I had a miniskirted customer. We pumped 8000 gallons in the first and second shifts daily and about 3000 gallons on the 11 to 7 trick. I could write a book about crazy tourists!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
156267301_1506165879588443_4969139938722200357_o.jpg