Didn’t take long for the GAS prices to go increase.

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't care what party you are, a administration comes in and deregulates the S--T out of regulations that protect our country for the future of our grandkids and theirs beyond another comes in and regulated too protect our country for our grandkids and theirs.

If your only living for the moment and not the future you only care about yourself and not the country.

Canada can send their S--T oil through their country too China and not ours and yeah it's my opinion because I care about my grandkids and beyond.

No one wants too blame the winter shut downs or the increased travel on gas prices as they do go up and down.

37 day's is not enough time too cause the increases nor blame.

Gold, the cryptocurrency is causing the drop in gold and silver and people all want too talk about a drop in the stock market.

We've had a 13 year rally in the market's and most of us on this site are the same age, I've been through 6 market crashes and it's time for it too correct including home values not a trump or biden fault just the times.

Too date the market's are the SAME.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The regulations are coming back just in the nick of time. No one wants to see the effects of a good economy on our nation. You've got to keep those business' in line. They have no right to make all that money. So, many will move out of the country again, we didn't need those jobs anyhow. Our friend China can supply us anything.

Those dirty rotten Canadians aren't nearly as good of a trading partner as our Chinese friends. I always wonder what they were up to being allies in all the wars we have fought. Just waiting to invade us and taking our country over by stealing our intellectual property. The sly devils. We can just truck and rail that crappy oil through our country. That's much more safe and earth friendly than that dirty, job producing pipeline.

And the sooner we get back to being the major funding source for things such as the Paris Accord, NATO, ect. ect....the big players will be able to set back and save their citizens some money, by not paying their fair share. The biggest polluters are China and India but I believe they weren't supposed to start kicking in their fair share of regs and funding until 8 years after the USA if I recall correctly. Great negotiations on that one. Sure they will. Maybe we can send another plane load of cash to Iran. That would be a good start to continuing our friendship.

I'm also feeling a lot better with all the executive orders coming down the pike. Now my Grandson has a chance on choosing his own gender at 8 years old. We'll be pushing him to get on the girls soccer, volleyball, and basketball teams. There's a good chance he may get a scholarship. Plus the added benefits of showering with his team mates. I'll be happy to explain to him when he comes to visit about what he learned in school about gay sex. Not sure if they tell the kids about putting their sex organ in a sewer is normal or not??? Obviously one of our parties thinks so. How about the health implications that come from that???? It's normal......

One thing for sure, I've been saved from MR Potato Head as the Mr has been dropped.

Tomorrow lets talk about reparations........................I feel so good now for the future of my Grandkids. They are in such good hands.

Right now we're doing a good job on doing away with the 1st Amendment. The 2nd is in the sights next. Then do away with that pesky Constitution......My Grandkids will be SO PROUD TO BE SAVED FROM THOSE.

The leader of our country now is not as shameful as the last one that went bankrupt a couple of times. This one has done nothing but spend taxpayers monies and created no jobs in 47 years. One signed the checks on the front, the other on the back. The difference between a politician and a Proud American.

Last edited:

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Iowa409guy, America did not send any cash too Iran, 6 countries supported the Iran Nuclear deal including Russia, do your homework the deal unfroze Iran assets and released there money back too them. Again not any America tax payers dollar's went too Iran and even though the number comes up as 150B the actually number is around 50B of their money.

the deal was better for the WORLD.

If according too Trump we're independently self sufficient on energy, then why do we need the Canadian sludge S--T oil going through our country, is he telling you what you want too hear or is he making a false statement.

Gas prices go up and down and right now travel is booming, come too Florida and see how many seasonal folks are here with the exception of the Canadians.

As far as Texas goes 10 years of deferred maintenance was their downfall in this last episode and disaster. Don't do 10 years of maintenance on your 409 and she how long she runs.

I don't agree with all of this transgender policies if they even do pass into law. It's not our generation pushing it, I think it's generation X but, I could be wrong.

But if it does pass into law, it should be unisex single restrooms and showers and that's what they need too use.

This transgender thing isn't a DEM or GOP supported change, it's both parties from the real world, just not supported by us baby boomers and maybe what generation they call our kids who were born right after us.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I remember Obama saying the US did not send cash to Iran until pictures of pallets of US cash being loaded on planes, he changed his statement to say we did but we owed it to them, just another Obama lie one of many :poke

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We did not send any money too Iran FACTS NOT FICTION, do your homework

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Even though this discussion is about fuel , Do your homework on the entire Nuclear Arms deal and the countries that supported it too protect the world from Iran.

We unfroze their assets and returned 1.3 billion for a weapons sales deal that never was filled, all the money was Iran's.

It was interest on their money for not completing the deal and accomplished the Nuclear Arm's deal fact not fiction.

I'm moving on too HOT RODS, believe what you want too believe.

brushwolf

Well Known Member
Went to Florida for a month. Semi-normal life down there. Weather was pretty decent too, compared to here.. Very few masked people, mostly employees of businesses. End of January on the trip down gas was $2.20 in Iowa. Same town filled up on the way back $2.80. Since gas taxes vary by state I watched the change of the one state.

Now back in MN where democrat governor Walz is trying to extend his lockdown and mask mandates another year. Looks like he will succeed thanks to destructive "progressives" and weak cancel-wary Republicans. Have to kill as many independent businesses as possible, cuz the vast majority of them lean conservative.

Buffet being a big Democrat donor was already losing money on his railroads due to impending shift to pipelines, so despite rail transfer being more environmentally risky, at least Warren's investments will be OK.

Sure glad I don't have a 130 mile round trip commute every day, but my wife does. I can afford the gas spikes but my kids can't. They want to make us Europe. Open borders, off-shoring jobs again. Skyrocketing electrical and heating costs. Eliminate the fossil fuels as much as possible, get rid of gas cars as soon as possible, mental illness and gender dysphoria mainstreamed, men in girls bathrooms, more gun and ammo restrictions and insane laws - and you best like all of it (and praise it, or shut up), or lose your job.

But, we will have our anger to keep us warm anyway. Thanks, democrats..

I too am trying to bury myself in car hobby and try to ignore the news. I already saw where Obama administration versions 1 and 2 were going. Version 3 (Obiden now, Kamala soon) will make that idiocy, incompetence and corruption look tame in comparison , so I don't expect any good news. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst... We know voting is of no consequence now, so batten down the hatches.

Last edited:

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here is a copy of a news article about gas prices and why they dropped and are going back up.

By Tim McDonnell
Climate reporter
March 3, 2021
The oil industry is no stranger to boom-bust cycles, but the pandemic has been its wildest ride to date, and on March 4 it’s due to take another turn when OPEC meets to consider rolling back production cuts.
As the world’s cars and airplanes idled, global oil demand bottomed out in April at levels 16.4% below the previous year, dragging the price into negative territory for the first time. For the whole year, demand fell an unprecedented 8.8% and still has a long road to recovery.

White-knuckling through it all has been OPEC, the 13-member cartel that dictates quotas for most of the world’s biggest oil-producing countries (notably excluding the US). By tightening or loosening the world’s oil tap, OPEC effectively controls the price of the world’s most valuable commodity. The group has met regularly throughout the pandemic for members to butt heads over its central paradox: To sell less at a higher price, or sell more at a lower price.
At this week’s meeting, OPEC will be joined by ten “OPEC+” non-members including Russia and Oman, and will likely agree to increase production. By how much, exactly, is complicated by the fact that oil is currently above $60 per barrel, around where it was before the pandemic—but could easily crash again if the group hits the gas too hard. As Rystad Energy analyst Bjornar Tonhaugen put it in a research note: “In a high oil price environment, Russia will also have more sympathetic ears listening to its call for increasing supply, which will jilt the group dynamics away from the cautious approach led by Saudi Arabia which created the bullish environment in the first place.”
Here’s a look back at the oil market’s crazy year:

March 2020: As the global economy freezes up, Saudi Arabia and Russia can’t agree on production cuts, and the price dips 30% overnight.

April 1, 2020: Prices fall below the level needed for most US fracking companies to turn a profit, and Whiting Petroleum becomes the first of hundreds to declare bankruptcy.
April 12, 2020: OPEC+ members agree to a record cut of 9.7 million barrels per day through June, about 10% of global production.
April 20, 2020: The price of oil goes briefly negative for the first and only time in history.

May 2020: Global oil storage facilities run out of space as producers find they can’t get rid of the stuff fast enough.
June-July 2020: As OPEC’s production cuts sink in, the price rises, but stalls around $40. This is by OPEC design: The price is workable for members, but still too low for most US producers.
July 15, 2020: OPEC agrees to roll back cuts through December to 7.7 million barrels per day.

Sept. 17, 2020: An OPEC committee warns members not to skirt cuts, as Nigeria, Iraq, and the United Arab Emirates are blamed for overproducing.
Oct. 7, 2020: Thanks in part to the oil price crash, ExxonMobil, which lost tens of billions of dollars over the year, is surpassed by Florida utility company NextEra as the top US energy company by market capitalization.
Nov. 9, 2020: Oil company stocks and the oil price jump after Pfizer announces successful trials of a Covid-19 vaccine.

Dec. 3, 2020: OPEC+ members decide to bring an additional 500,000 barrels per day back into production through March.
Jan. 5, 2021: Saudi Arabia backtracks and volunteers to cut 1 million barrels per day, even as Russia and Kazakhstan forge ahead with increased production.
Feb. 8, 2021: The oil price returns to pre-pandemic levels for the first time.

Feb. 11, 2021: OPEC forecasts that in 2021, oil demand will recover a little more than half of what it lost in 2020. The forecast is 110,000 barrels per day lower than its earlier outlooks, as the slow pace of vaccination indicates a prolonged economic recovery.
March 2, 2021: US gasoline demand rises to its highest level since the pandemic began. Gas prices have been rising for two straight months, a sign that supply cuts have paid off for producers.
OPEC’s meeting this week will show how close the group thinks it is to being out of the woods. Rystad’s Tonhaugen thinks another 500,000 barrels per day increase is likely—even though, he writes, that kind of bump will probably cause the price to dip yet again.

brushwolf

Well Known Member
That is true that we had a lot of Iranian dictators money for decades, so the argument can be made that we had a deal and did not follow through.

We also had a deal with Libya that if their dictator gave up their nuke program, we would not help to drive him from power.
But we did anyway. You see, we really had to take him out despite our previous commitment (Bush administration) not to do so. (Hillary and Susan Rice loved that). The burgeoning war in Syria needed his conventional weaponry stockpile and the MIC can't make enough money if we don't have some wars going on constantly. Gotta have weapons for a war, you know..

Will be interesting to see how our forces do in the likely upcoming new conflicts, since the new defense director is committed to getting rid of conservatives and replacing them with woke and transgender troops. Probably will be much the same as the Obama administration, constant never-ending hotspots, millions of refuges leaving for the west to live among people they frequently despise. Main difference probably will be the willingness of the military to attack protesting citizens, classify them as terrorists and fire away. All the world is a stage.. an upside down one, but a stage...