Cars

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Eddie Hill was always very competitive through the 90s in his Pennzoil top fuel dragster! I used to love to go to Heartland park in Topeka twice a year and St. Louis once a year to watch him. Very outstanding guy and always was interested in what you had to say.:good:appl

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Eddie Hill was always very competitive through the 90s in his Pennzoil top fuel dragster! I used to love to go to Heartland park in Topeka twice a year and St. Louis once a year to watch him. Very outstanding guy and always was interested in what you had to say.:good:appl

Were you there when Richard had him autograft his cutoff's, Eddie asked " What Side Is The Stem On " :laugh2

That may have been at Indy, I'll have to ask.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Were you there when Richard had him autograft his cutoff's, Eddie asked " What Side Is The Stem On " :laugh2

That may have been at Indy, I'll have to ask.
Yes I was there but that was Ed McCullough not Eddie Hill. That was the same time I got Grumpy to sign my hat and when Richard asked for an autograph he just grunted at Richard.:brow That was when he also handed me all of his notes from those pro stock trucks that he was working on the small block Chevy engines and then I got a hold all his racing notes while he signed my hat. Richard said I should’ve run I could’ve got a lot of money out of them.:facepalm I wouldn’t do that to grumpy though he’s cool. We were in the pit area hanging out with Al Hoffman, remember him? And that’s when Ed McCullough came by and sign my hat and then Richards shorts. He was a little leery pulling tight Richards shorts to autograph them.:confused

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Yes I was there but that was Ed McCullough not Eddie Hill. That was the same time I got Grumpy to sign my hat and when Richard asked for an autograph he just grunted at Richard.:brow That was when he also handed me all of his notes from those pro stock trucks that he was working on the small block Chevy engines and then I got a hold all his racing notes while he signed my hat. Richard said I should’ve run I could’ve got a lot of money out of them.:facepalm I wouldn’t do that to grumpy though he’s cool. We were in the pit area hanging out with Al Hoffman, remember him? And that’s when Ed McCullough came by and sign my hat and then Richards shorts. He was a little leery pulling tight Richards shorts to autograph them.:confused
Al Hoffman. There is another blast from the past. He always had grease on him and looked dirty. Before the days of superstars with showers and fresh clothes in their trailers.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
162957333_2903697353182927_3505161117805133259_n.jpg

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Tom Olsen says:
" I sold it to a good friend of mine when I went into the Army in Feb 67. He then sold it when he got drafted later in 1967. It was raced by a guy out of Watertown, SD, in 1969. In 1980 I made a concerted effort to find the car and as best I could determine it was totalled out after a road crash in the early 1970's Since I couldn't get the original car back, I re-created it with this one in in 1981. We still own it today. Also a 300hp/327 4-speed car. (This car is also Monaco Blue, the film and camera differences make it appear different.)"

163540674_4044549758916524_1164573569350817551_o.jpg