didn't know where to put this...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
while looking for a video I did of my dog Dutch in work mode I ran across this video of my "Silver Surfer"...this is the last car I completely tore down and rebuild...hope you guys can enjoy it as much as I did doing the build...I got one more build left in me, a 61 sport roof in all original condition...the 477c.i. motor is on the stand...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
like most of us they need to be driven more often...I've been arguing with my '60 impala...it's gotta be a clogged sock in the tank...installing a fuel pressure gauge for testing inside the car to see if the fuel flow decreases when demand is increased...I get a bog around 2500 rpm...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

I assume this will work...it's been a long day...Dutch was fully extended on a bungee so no lunging and flailing the man around...it's his drive that made him what he was...

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You’ve got what I considered to be the ultimate rear end. A 12 V with a 373 gear set is what I have in most of my cars. Other than the 410 gear sets I use. The problem I have with the silver cars I put on 35 series tires on 18 inch wheels And the car runs in about 3000 RPM at 65 miles an hour. I either keep the look or change the tires.

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have 275 60 15s on the rear and 235s on the front and with the original M21 I would tach about the same get it up to around 70-75 and it would tach in the 3500 and up range and I could watched my gas gauge moving towards the E and it wasn’t for enough. When my pressure plate blew I decided to put in a Keisler 5 speed W/ overdrive. It now tach’s at 1800 in the 70 mph range

WENGINE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wish I would have had the foresight to pick up 12 bolts when they were affordable. Now I’m looking for rear ends for what I’m building and the prices are insane and the 12 bolts are the highest of all of them

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have 275 60 15s on the rear and 235s on the front and with the original M21 I would tach about the same get it up to around 70-75 and it would tach in the 3500 and up range and I could watched my gas gauge moving towards the E and it wasn’t for enough. When my pressure plate blew I decided to put in a Keisler 5 speed W/ overdrive. It now tach’s at 1800 in the 70 mph range
I'm done wrenching on that car...too much for the street with 11.5/1 compression and a heavy roller cam...I wanted something far quicker than my other Camaros and brother did I get it...if I swap tires and wheels it'd be a nice but tweaky cruiser...

Last edited: