1962 Hood Hinge

john wise

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a halfway decent hood hinge for the driver side on my 62. One of the rivets broke and i have a bolt in there, but I can't adjust the hood right. Thanks

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I just sent in my extra 1962 hinges to have all the rivets replaced. I sell restored (new rivets) gold zinc plated (like the originals were) hinges with repainted black hood springs .
I would estimate that 90 % of the used hinges have worn rivets (which leads to hoods that will not adjust correctly and to hoods not staying up when the hoods are opened... ( got this % with bad rivets from over 25 sets of hinges I have had over the years.

picture attached of a restored set of hinges I sold

IMG_0116.JPG

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The last sets I sold for $ 325 to $350 including the original hinges and springs - new rivets and zinc plating costs might have gone up in cost
since last year

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have accepted trades for 61 to 64 hood hinges. I have 3 1962 hood hinges sets sent in for new rivets ---- (I am planning that
these 3 sets will be the last ones I restore and sell.

I would say that I am short factory springs for 1962 hood hinges - I do not trust repro hinge springs

Paul

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I also purchased a set from Paul for my '62 when I had it. They were perfectly done. The aftermarket ones will not hold the hood up. Don't ask me how i know. Pauls will and will be correct.