chrome 409 oem valve covers wanted

cameron

hello, new to the forum,finally found me a 409 block!..Im looking for some oem chrome
valve covers, what do you have? can you text me pics at 714-883-6171 is my cell,thanks,
cameron...I got a line on Edelbrock heads and oem dual quad intake for it too, hopefully
that comes thru, I have an extra 454 steel crank Id like to run in it and build a hot street
motor...appreciate the help....Im in so cal and will be pay shipping etc of course...

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
1963 and 1964 chrome 409 valve covers are different (wire holders area different) -which year do you want ?
1964 409 valve covers have plastic slide on wire holders on the 4 wire and 2 wire holders
1963 409 valve covers have rubber dipping on the 4 wire and 2 wire holders

Paul

cameron

honestly, im not really picky, its not a numbers matching motor by any means, is a 348 cover the same minus the chrome and the wire holders?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
348 covers are painted and some have different location wire holders + there are 409 truck valve with only one wire
holder.
covers . I have some decent painted covers 348 covers from 1959-1961 painted covers
I can post some pictures later today

Reactions: 327

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Showcars sells some repops on ebay for $160 and up. Personally I would pay some more and get Offenhouser aluminum or other brands. There are plenty on Ebay

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
No those covers are 63 409 valve covers - I have to check what I would sell them for - they have been rechromed

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
The original 1963 chrome valve covers in my picture( one closeup picture) have been professionally rechromed,
by a local chrome shop. They are show quality mint original 1963 409 chrome valve covers. Price is $425 for that pair.

There is a used not rechromed original 1963 chrome set “in the overall pictures” - next to the rechromed set
( I can post more pictures of that original chrome 1963 409 set if needed).
This 409 chrome set is a dripper set ( has factory tabs on the inside to drip oil on the 409 rocker arms ) chrome on this set is average to somewhat poor - set is not dented - will take $225 for this set.
Paul