Spare Tri-Power…let it go?

OkieJoe29

Well Known Member
So I have two 348 Tri-Powers, a 6x2 and a four barrel intake. I’m debating letting loose of one of the Tri-Powers. I have 3 good carbs to go with it, but they are not correct. What’s a fair price for it? I’d rather it go to someone who will use it and not hold onto it forever trying to get top dollar. IMG_0872.jpeg

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Love them but hard to sell them. I know a guy in Omaha that has dozens of tri-powers and he can't find a buyer. I've seen them go for sky high and I've seen them go for little of nothing. You will have to come up with a price that you feel its worth because very few people look to run these due to the 3 carbs. People are lazy and want bolt on performance and I'd wager an Edelbrock 4 barrel intake probably flows better. Not the answer you are looking for but if you look around online, a miss matched carb/intake tri-power isn't going to bring anything like the correct carbs will.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is a friend in Wood River Nebraska - has 10 tri powers 59-61 for $ 600 each on All Chevy Muscle and Swap

425/409ER

Well Known Member
I had a deal for a tri=power going a few years ago for $300 and when I was going to come and get it the guy changed his mind and wanted $1k, WTF? so I did not buy it. I ended up getting an Offy 2X4 setup instead for the $300. One door closes and an other opens. When we got out Biscayne it had a tri-power on the 348 in the car, and it was damn fast. Today there are better intakes the put the tri-power to shame.

OkieJoe29

Well Known Member
Here is a friend in Wood River Nebraska - has 10 tri powers 59-61 for $ 600 each on All Chevy Muscle and Swap

Can’t see cause it’s a private group. $600 for bare intake or with correct carbs? I had it set up at local swap meet this past weekend asking $400. Lots of lookers but nobody had W motors.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here is what he posted with his phone number
58 to 61 348 tri power setups have 10 for sale most are 59 to 61 correct tri power carbs some have some vac linkage no complete vac set up all carbs need rebuilt 600 ea setup call with dates you need and will send pics dont have paypal can call three zero eight three seven zero one eight one one

his first name is Randy