Eclipse today

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
I watched from 2:00 to 3:45. Like Greg said, it started from the bottom right, 4, 5, 6 o'clock position and moved it's way upward. :clap I also had an automatic Darkening helmet on for protection. :goodWas on the cellphone chatting with my son and grandkids. They were really charged up. :appl Didn't really get darker. It got colder, and the mosquito's came out. :confusedMaybe people watching in other states, had a better experience. I don't know. I expected more.:dunno2

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Well, I feel privileged, God has blessed me, I think my wife loves me, I survived the midnight 2000 meltdown of anything that had an internal clock, and now TWO total eclipses! A cold beer gets me more excited than the eclipse did. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Probably shouldn't post this because I'll get cussed at, but I had zero interest in this eclipse. I didn't really care. Never looked outside. I did see through a dormer window, that it looked like it was clouding over. I know all the news channels carried it. It got more publicity then King Charles coronation. If others enjoyed it, I'm happy for them. Hope they wore those special glasses, Carmine.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Well, I feel privileged, God has blessed me, I think my wife loves me, I survived the midnight 2000 meltdown of anything that had an internal clock, and now TWO total eclipses! A cold beer gets me more excited than the eclipse did. I can't wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!
Jeff

Celebratory of surviving eclipse single malt.....one shot..... :good :wacko:crazy The Iowa view below.

20240408_180956.jpg53567.jpeg

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I took this back in '17 while I was at my cabin in North Carolina...total eclipse...

Attachments

• 20170821_143557.jpg
    20170821_143557.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170821_143545.jpg
    20170821_143545.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 9

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Here in mid-Missouri we had a near 95% totality view. Back in 2017 it was 100%. That one was special :).

This one was pretty cool. Bought ten pair of "glasses" and watched it the wife and Sister, who travelled from Sacramento CA for the event (2100 miles).

Gave the other 7 to staff nearby. I watched it in a wheelchair from the parking lot. It was a well spent and fun hour or so from start to finish :).

Cheers! TomK

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The wife and I sat out in the front yard, with a glass of wine and our glasses. Never really needed the glasses because it was too cloudy to see anything. It got darker, but never DARK. I did notice that when it got light again, my wine was gone!