Valve covers

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Due to the mention of valve covers in the 3D printed intake thread I decided to post this.
What all is out there for aluminum valve covers besides the NEW Edelbrocks, Offys & PML versions. Pics please!
This is a set I have. They say "Holmes Mfg Co NN48" on the inside. These may have been sold by Moon???
Anyone have any OLD Edelbrocks, or Mercury Marine?
Jeff

Attachments

• Holmes VC.jpg
    Holmes VC.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 23

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
For some reason I think Holmes = original Cal Custom? Could easily be wrong. Showcars used to have some inexpensive imports that were not too bad. I think Moons, Weiands, old Edelbrocks would be my favorites.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Another NOS set I acquired. Custom Classic Speed Equipment on the inside. The shape looks a little like PML's or Edelbrocks, but my guess is these are to old to be PML pieces. If a person gets to the right source and spends the $ he could have them cast with "Crusher" on them.
Jeff

Attachments

• VALVE CVR1A.jpg
    VALVE CVR1A.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 12
  • VALVE CVR 1.jpg
    VALVE CVR 1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 12

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I think, the aluminum set on the race car above with the bowtie and Chevrolet logo belong to Mark Johnson. If I have this right Rusty Symmes (spelling) who owned the car prior to Mark had a foundry business. He made an impression from the top of some later Chevy bowtie covers, cast it in aluminum and attached it to the top of a set of Mercury Marine covers. Those are SEXY! Did I get that right Mark?
Jeff

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Another NOS set I acquired. Custom Classic Speed Equipment on the inside. The shape looks a little like PML's or Edelbrocks, but my guess is these are to old to be PML pieces. If a person gets to the right source and spends the $ he could have them cast with "Crusher" on them.
Jeff
Come on Murph....too cheep for that....decals work....

20220529_134736.jpg