Valve covers

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Those are all very nice, but I like the plain old stock ones. Whether painted or factory chrome, I think they look great. The others never really appealed to me, Carmine.
I agree about the color. I actually prefer the pre 63 gray painted covers. Not a fan of chrome but I run whatever works.

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
None are for sale. I looked for a set a good 5 years. The black set I knew about but the guy would not sell them even though I offered him a big price for them. He passed away and I luckily found them at a local swap meet. The ones on my 59 I found on eBay after looking everyday for years. I have never seen the orange set before so I suspect they are super rare also.

Murphdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
None are for sale. I looked for a set a good 5 years. The black set I knew about but the guy would not sell them even though I offered him a big price for them. He passed away and I luckily found them at a local swap meet. The ones on my 59 I found on eBay after looking everyday for years. I have never seen the orange set before so I suspect they are super rare also.
Did the ones on your 59 start life as Mercruiser's or ???
Jeff