Tell me what I got...

64ImpSS

Well Known Member
It's a 63 Biscayne barn find. I bought it from the origian owner. However, he had sold it years ago to a neighbor who drove it and blew up the original 409 motor and put a small block in it. The original owner eventually bought it back and put a 409 back in it. He told me it has the good 425 HP heads which appears to be correct. It also appears to be a 65 340 hp block. It has a edelbrock intake but I have the original one with it too. It's a pretty solid car with the only rust through inside the trunk about a 2" area. It may be original paint, 4 speed, starts and runs great. Shifts great. I got some extar parts too. 4-348 heads, a 348 short block, posi rear end and others.
What's it worth?

IMG_2076.jpgIMG_2071.jpgIMG_2086.jpgIMG_2073.jpgIMG_2077.jpg

Last edited:

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Hard to come up with a price. Looks like a little damage to left rear body and bumper. What is the paint like? What is it like underneath? All floors, body mounts, and braces solid? It appears to have the fuel return line. What is the interior and headliner like? Trans and rear end original? What code is on the pumpkin (left side as you are underneath it on yoke side looking towards the back). 409 fan shroud, tach? Lots more photos of all areas mentioned plus cowl and vin plate needed to make an educated guess. Carl could decode the trim tag. Congrats on your find. Looks like a pretty nice car.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
It's a 63 Biscayne barn find. I bought it from the origian owner. However, he had sold it years ago to a neighbor who drove it and blew up the original 409 motor and put a small block in it. The original owner eventually bought it back and put a 409 back in it. He told me it has the good 425 HP heads which appears to be correct. It also appears to be a 65 340 hp block. It has a edelbrock intake but I have the original one with it too. It's a pretty solid car with the only rust through inside the trunk about a 2" area. It may be original paint, 4 speed, starts and runs great. Shifts great. I got some extar parts too. 4-348 heads, a 348 short block, posi rear end and others.
What's it worth?

View attachment 142631View attachment 142633View attachment 142634View attachment 142636View attachment 142638
On top of the motor, near the radiator hose, there appears to be some type of part with a fuel line attached. It's round/cylinder like with s metal top. Is this a fuel filter?? I don't think I've ever seen one like this before. Would this be unique to a dual quad engine?? Thanks, Carmine.

Reactions: 327