1 of 5 made?

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
One other thing I forgot to mention. Check out the last pic of the VIN tag. It looks to me like the last two numbers have been stamped over. It's also attached with phillips head screws!

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That car has been relisted. This guy, Dr something is a used car salesman and his tactics have been discussed in detail on the Chevy Talk forum. He's got no clue on the data just makes claims to hype his cars. Buyer beware.

NASCAR FAN

Well Known Member
Bungy: The "1 of 5" claim is not just because the 348 has 3 X 2bbl. carbs., it's also because the car has a 3-spd man. trans with overdrive. The problem with his claim is actually the 348 engines, all horsepower versions, were not available with the overdrive trans. The fuel injected 283s were not either. Also the 1958 solid lifter hi-perf. fuel injected 283s were rated at 290 horsepower, not 283. The air cleaner is incorrect. It's from a '58 with A/C.

Rick

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
The overdrive engines had their own suffix code and they were only on the 283 2 barrel and 4 barrel engines. I wonder what his engine suffix code is?
The fact that the VIN tag is screwed on rather than spotwelded would rate a vistit by the autotheft division of the state police in most states....a clear indication that it has been removed if not "tampered with", both of which are illegal.:eek:
I'll be this guy wears a large gold chain, a 2" white belt and white shoes. Probably with polyester bell bottoms.:roll

Absolutely, that info is available:deal ... here in Canada anyhow:dunno
This car... my 64 Laurentian Safari 9 pass wagon... documented 340HP 409 4 speed
one(1) built.
No, not one pink one ( Sunfire Red Metallic ), or one without power steering... or one with "seat belt delete"...
one( built) with a 340HP 409 4 speed.
You should be able to see "M20" on the cowl tag.

Hey, maybe this would qualify for a "project car" picture for the calender ? :roll :roll

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cecil, That's hilarious. Honest to God, the first thing I thought of when looking at this auction was, "I bet this guy looks like Herd Tarlick from WKRP" :roll :roll

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
It could be documented that it is one of five. He made them all!:roll That fella is so crooked that when he dies they will have to corkscrew him in the ground.:D

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
heee Heeeee

Have I got a deal for you. Just look at this beast of a car I have on my profile. Cobalt blue, at least I think it's Cobalt. I'm color blind, so what do I know? I'll tell you what I do know, is this is a heck of a car, at a heck of a price. Plush cotton seating that has conviniently already been broken in, and so has the car on several occasions. Criminals have great taste. I should know. And because I got this at the police impound, you know you're dealing with a fine piece of machinery. This engine screams luxury. Well, it just screams. Maybe it's thirsty for oil. Who knows these things? I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy with a keen eye for value

Attachments

• Resize of Resize of used-car-salesman.jpg
    Resize of Resize of used-car-salesman.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 35