1200HP+ '59 Chevy Impala 632ci Big Block - Start-up & Burnout

Fuzz1957

Well Known Member
That ‘59 reminds me of one the son (Wayne) of the hardware store owner my Dad worked for got as a graduation present - black with red interior. Rich people bought their sons cars for graduation. I never got one! That ‘59 of Wayne’s was a factory fuel injected, four speed and posi Impala. What a beautiful Impala. Only think about 30 fuel injected Impalas were built that year. I think the car is still around, but fuel injection long gone. I’d bet the present owner might not even know what he has.

Fuzz

MAGA

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Looks like the RH bumper got caught on something.

Looks like it is in Europe, hard to tell.

Killer car.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Beautiful 59, no doubt. But I have to share one of my thoughts about this video.
I am NOT a fan of tubbed out cars for the street. That being put aside, one of my other peeves is
I can not stand, I mean it drives me over the edge, plum crazy , is when I see an exhaust exit in front of the rear tires !
I used to have a friend that had a 69 road runner pro street. I mean he had it built by pro shops. Trailered it from one shop to the other.
The exhaust on his car exited in front of the rear tires.
I can't stand to see this ! I'd rather not see anything after the headers, than to see this ! Ruins the whole thing, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm a firm believer of the exhaust exiting BEHIND the rear tires.
I guess I'm just a grumpy old man any more.
Anyway, that's my story, and I'm stickin to it.
Grumpy.