1937 Chevy....future home to a "W"

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Added good set of 817 heads to the stew pot.......one more small step !

Attachments

• 409 1-9-12.JPG
    409 1-9-12.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 4

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is the 6x2 that I will run......got the ex manifolds today also !!!

Attachments

• 409 1-10-2012.JPG
    409 1-10-2012.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 9

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got the motorcycle SOLD today....cash in hand and will go visit Calvert Precision Engines tomorrow after I get done with jury duty (quickly I hope) to start the block prep and get the heads in for a facelift....it's all beginning to come together !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Had a 2001 Kawasaki Bobber that I had gotten thru a trade.....never really wanted it because it was an 800cc and a little small for my 6'7" frame.....but was an excellent trade for a 52 GMC 5 window truck I had.
Anyway.....it has now sold for the amount that machine work/assembly will cost me for my 409.

Attachments

• 2001 bike 002.jpg
    2001 bike 002.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Going to be a very interesting project. I am just finishing a 37 coupe that I have had for over twenty years in storage. Sold it to a friend who then asked me to build it out for him. I should send you pics. It has been a major project but not with a W. Old proverbial sbc T350 combo but that is what he wanted. Been at it now for two years. Even with the sbc and a short water pump we had to rip the firewall out and install a set back bitchin firewall and that gave us one inch from the dist to the wall and only enough room in front for an electric puller. Can't imagine what that long W is going to require?? What with the set back of the firewall we ran out of room under the dash for everything (a/c heat defrost electronics etc) so I ripped out the dash and installed a 58 Studebaker ( yes a Studebaker!!) dash that gave us the depth we needed as well as a unigue looking one of a kind dash. Just hung the doors last week and will be finsishing the elctronics for them this week. Then onto the interior. I have one pic on my desktop that I will post here but have many more if they would be of any value to you.
Oops, file too big. Will have to figure out how to resize it later.
Walt

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sure would like to see any build pics you have.
Went yesterday to east Texas Nd looked at Jay Goulds car....37
Chevy coupe with a 409, his is farther along than mine. He has a 4" recess firewall also....sounds like that may be on the list fo mine also. I will add a sway bar after looking at his, but what was really neat was he had a set of Dougs headers for a 62(?) impala on it.....they turn out under the frame perfect for knock offs inside the front fenders, then will add a pipe to go back to mufflers.....very neat.

w ogden

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is one pic I managed to resize using a editor program. Send me your email addy and I will send you a bunch of pics thru the Kodak gallery. It is easier that way. Walt

pass.jpg

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
New pretty pieces for the 409 mill........should'nt have spent the funds on them since I am so far from getting the coupe on the road.....but were very nice old covers with a great look....owner had them on his 409 and put nice wire looms in the correct places.
Now all I need is to pick up my engine....finish the chassis.........start on the body......................did mention that I have valve covers ????..............................................................

Attachments

• offy.JPG
    offy.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 3

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
409.JPG
Picked up the 409 from Ronnie Russell today......engine from his Impala.....
409 +.060.......10.25-1......4" stroker.......2x4 setup that I think I will start with, but am sure I will just have to give the 6x2 a try once we are rolling.
Got it home and just had to put the valve covers on and stab the dizzy !
Ronnie, Thank you for selling me your personal engine....she is in good hands and will have a good home !