1955-1970 full size-what year is your least favorite?

What year do you dislike the most for 1955-1970?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 3 1.7%

Votes: 4 2.2%

Votes: 7 3.9%

Votes: 10 5.6%

Votes: 2 1.1%

Votes: 20 11.1%

Votes: 12 6.7%

Votes: 18 10.0%

Votes: 12 6.7%

Votes: 75 41.7%

• Total voters

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Somebody voted against my beloved 61!!!!!!!!!! :cry :cry

I think it is due to the rear view, I LOVE the front end of the 61 but can't stand the rear just as much. When I started searching for an Impala I was originally looking at 59-62's. I was drawn to the 60's at first and then the front looked a little too plain, I didn't like the hood on the 59, As stated earlier the 61 nose is mint, but I couldn't get by the look of the rear panel. This led me to the 62. Ended up with a 62 SS. I was born in 62 also so that was kind of neat too.

Bosco

From most favorite to least:)
1955:cool:
1962:cool:
1957:cool:
1963:cool:
1956:cool:
1968:rolleyes:
1969:rolleyes:
1970:rolleyes:
1961:argue:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
for me if anyone's interested my fav's are

I would have 1962 in there if I had a 5th pick. I always remember the 1962 Impala's roof line when it first came out...... I was impressed. I never cared much for 64's either, but liked the 55-56's.
robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I'm about 4 years late on this,but here's my 2 cents.You all know I love the 64'.Bought mine new(left over end of model-38 miles on it),day after I had ordered a 65'.Fell in love with it at 1st sight,cared about it enough to still own and drive it ,and show almost 45 years later.What I don't understand is that the 64 Chevy was the biggest selling Chevy of most all the years.If almost 2 million people loved their looks enough to buy them,how can the survey we have here find the car as the 2 nd least popular.Now don't get me wrong,I love all the big Chevies 55' up to about 70,but 64' is the favorite.next 63',next 60 and finally 62'. Just my opinion and I'm stickin' to it. John

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:clap :cheers You got my vote, John. :D I guess we're getting the negative vibes, from 1964's association, with the low rider crowd.:dunno Don't matter to me. My 64 SS conv. was my first (semi-new) car also. A 64 H.S. graduation present.:clap Skip:)

gbafus

Well Known Member
VERY interesting thread! I'm just kinda surprised & frankly pleased that the '58 didn't get thoroughly trashed in this discussion. I've always thought they were very cool, & so I have a Biscayne. I just remember a time when people couldn't hardly give them away. So often I've heard comments how Chevy took their most beautiful car of all times, the '57, & turned it into a turd. Certainly a "special interest" car, but my personal fav.:cheers

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Things change!

Back in the late 60s, when you could buy a good driver for under $250, my Dad took me to look at a 1958 Chevy that had a 348. Then we looked at a 1961 Chevy, and he bought me that one for $200. I recall the '58 as not being "all that pretty" at the time. But now that I have matured (my wife would say otherwise...) that '58 is starting to look pretty darn good, don't you think?

Same deal for the 1964 model. Starting in 1962 the Chevy began to take on a more "slab-sided" look that I didn't particularly take to (as opposed to the '60 and '61 models). When the 64s came out I didn't like that rear quarter at all. But here we are four decades later and they look sweeter than ever! So it must be that it just takes time for us to recognize quality, don't you think?

In a sense car styling and the ones we cotton to is a bit like a religion. Once you are raised a certain way, it is difficult to see other perspectives. Until you get older and more open-minded, that is :). Since I had a 1961 as a first car, and my Dad had a 1962 Impala, that's what I migrate to, sort of like my "religion". I'm sure others feel this way as well, although it might be harder to explain to someone who does not share the same perspective...

However our tastes run, you've got to admit that at least we have choices to pursue our passions :). Just can't beat that!

Enjoy!
Tom

Auggie56

Didn't See My Favorite Car Listed

A 64' Dodge Max Wedge car in maroon.........:brow
But I have a soft spot for 60' Chevy 2dr sedans.
But least would be 65' Malabu.

jester

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
strange comment from some one who has a 64 in his sig.
Now that I've had 4 yrs to think about it, I have come to the conclusion that it don't matter what years are parked in my driveway.
Just as long as they all have bowties. No Fords allowed to park in the driveway.
I keep the Dodge pick up just to let them know what will happen if they ever let my down.:roll:roll:roll

SonOfThomp

Well Known Member
I think it is due to the rear view, I LOVE the front end of the 61 but can't stand the rear just as much. . . . . This led me to the 62. Ended up with a 62 SS.

Funny how opinions differ. It's the rear end of the '61 that I like best about it.
But then, I have a rather odd take on these things:

'55, never liked it at all - the '56 is so similar with much more refined and coherent styling. '57, a true zenith of American automotive design!

'58 would fare better if it wasn't following such a stellar act. As it is, it's ugly, but in all the right ways.

'59 / '60 models, LOVE them, but IMO the sport coupes are out of proportion: roof either too small or rear end too long. Also, the six tail lights on the Impalas seem on most years, like too many. They get my vote for Best Dash Ever. That is such an important consideration - its what the driver sees most of the time!

'61, love 'em. Esp the Bel Airs, 2 door coupe probably #1, but I really dig the flat top sedans. Perhaps why I have one.

'62 - they kept the least attractive thing about the '61 - the dash - and lost the rest. And the roofline for the '62 - '63 - '64 Impala coupes, that faux convertible look? No thanks!

'63 better than '64, somehow the angularity is better, but the only thing I really like about either is the dash.

After that, the '67 is OK, but the rest are too bland.

Eotnak

Supporting Member 1
voted on 68

shame on you 64 voters. It's my favorite and always has been well before I bought one.

shame on you.

1958 impala

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My fav are all years from 58 to 64 have owned at least one of each year.There are no losers in this field all have strong points.
ALL CHEVYS:dunno

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I was checking out some old posts from years ago............Bob started this poll/thread DANG near 10 years ago!!!:beer

I see a lot of people that post today were on the site 10 years ago. Thanks to you guys for sticking around for a decade or more!

I am surprised at how many people don't care for the 64:scratch. I was one of them at one time .