1957 Buick 70 Series Roadmaster Riviera "Honey I'm Home!!!"

Dewman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Very Nice work Dan.............Your craftsmanship is setting the bar high once again! Thanks for sharing.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Here is the new jem I drug home Thursday 1957 Buick Century 66R . I needed the gas tank. Sent the tank down toe Gas Tank Renew, ABC Radiator, in Stockton, CA. yesterday. It was a beautiful day Thursday when I picked the car up but yesterday it was snowing and then started raining when I pulled the tank...:doh The first tank I sent they thought could be fixed but after sand blasting Ed the owner said it had about 20,000 holes in it and it could be fixed but it would be unethical...:no. I had been trying to work a deal on this car but the owner and I were having a difference of opinion on the value...:dunno Once I found my tank was trash I bucked up. The tank in this car was covered in under coating and was in very good condition, shiny metal compared to the norm in these 57 Buicks. The top had 3-small holes once I scrubbed washed it off a easy fix. I could have probably fixed it myself but the Renu has a life time guarantee and I just wanted it done...:deal

1957 Bucik Century 1.jpg 1957 Bucik Century 2.jpg 1957 Bucik Century 3.jpg 1957 Bucik Century 4.jpg 1957 Bucik Century 5.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Nice find!At the rate your going,you'll soon have the market covered on 57 Buick parts.:thinkI saw a 57 Buick in the classic car section of Raceing Junk,he wants over 90k:eek for the thing,and I'll bet the car dosent have 1/2 the quality of your build.:deal

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Dan:

Your project is coming along nicely, very high quality :). I enjoy seeing the fruits of another's labor almost as much as I do my own!

Well done!

TomK

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Nice find!At the rate your going,you'll soon have the market covered on 57 Buick parts.:thinkI saw a 57 Buick in the classic car section of Raceing Junk,he wants over 90k:eek for the thing,and I'll bet the car dosent have 1/2 the quality of your build.:deal
Don, I have 4-57' Buicks 3-are parts cars and 2-57' Olds parts cars. That is how I fund the project...:deal

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Dan:

Your project is coming along nicely, very high quality :). I enjoy seeing the fruits of another's labor almost as much as I do my own!

Well done!

TomK
Thanks Tom, Like yourself it does give one joy to see it all come together after all the time and effort and then finally go down the road under it own power...:cool:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Got the seat tracks mounts all welded in. They tie into the floor braces.

Bucket Seat Mounts Floor Pan 1.jpg Bucket Seat Mounts Floor Pan 2.jpg Bucket Seat Mounts Floor Pan Power Trak.jpg

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Also wanted to point out that the seats are offset 1" to the outside. Can anyone tell me what the seats in a original 62-65 are, offset or Center?:dunno

Bucket Seats CL Column  CLSeat 1in. Offset.jpg

409fanatic

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I had the pleasure of seeing Dan yesterday and his toys. All I can say is he is a very very self sufficient man.. Very nice work. A perfectionist.. Good going Dan...

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
What is happening on the car, any updates??

I had the pleasure of seeing Dan yesterday and his toys. All I can say is he is a very very self sufficient man.. Very nice work. A perfectionist.. Good going Dan...

He's a good guy to visit with and BS about car stuff :beer

Thanks Bill, Butch & Pat.
Guess it's about time to get back on this project. Summer is gone winter is on its way and Great Bend is behind me now. I pulled off to do some very needed work on my 35' Ford Coupe then took the summer off to spend some time with my wife and drive my cars and had to save for Great Bend.

Got the body on the rotisserie today so the body work begins. Should be a good winter project. Here are a few pics.

20141016_160151.jpg 20141016_162346.jpg 20141016_162421.jpg 20141016_160219.jpg

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
You've been busy Dan... You make me feel like a slouch... By the way, glad to see you found a good spot for a certain sign...:hide :cheers
Rick