1958 348 intake manifold

Impala Lover

Supporting Member 1
OK guys, what is the fair market value for a 1958 348cid intake manifold? The seller wants $25.00 and to me that seems like a fair deal. I am new to this size of engine so any help is appreciated. Also what is the fair market value of a complete 348cid engine? Maybe I could rebuild this engine and put it into my 1963 Impala 4dr sedan. Thanks again.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If it is 4 barrel cast iron manifold it is a good price, it will cost more than that to ship it anywhere. If it is a tripower then it is a real good bargain. Around here a 3 carb manifold goes for 100 bucks. Roy

DENNISJR60

I'VE PERSONALLY SEEN REBUILT 348 ENGINES GO ANY WHERE FROM $3,000 TO $6,000, BUT SOMEONE WITH MORE EXPERIENCE BUYING AND SELLING THEM COULD PROBABLY GIVE YOU A MORE ACCURATE #.

Bungy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I sold a 4bbl 348 intake at a swap meet two weeks ago for $20. Most of the ones I have seen are $20-$25. If the 348 engine is complete and needs to be rebuilt, I would say $300-$500 If it runs maybe $500-$700. I paid $200 each for two 348s I got. One froze the other disassembled. My 2 cents.

DENNISJR60

BUNGY,
I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU GOT A HELL OF A DEAL IF THAT'S WHAT YOU PAID FOR THOSE MOTORS. THOSE MOTORS ADD 35% TO THE VALUE OF A CAR THAT CAME WITH THAT ENGINE. I WOULD HAVE PAID THAT AND MORE AND STILL MADE A KILLING WHEN SELLING THEM. I GUESS ONLY A CHOSEN FEW COULD BE SO FORTUNATE.
:cry