1958 Brookwood/9pass.

kevin

Hi guys, new to the forum. Can anyone tell me how durable the overdrive unit is?It is behind a 283 4b with 115 k miles. Been parked since late 60's. Getting ready to yank the driveline out and was just wondering what to expect.

And did the early brookwoods not have the insert in the side trim?

Thnx

kevin

My carsv are impala coupe/black and a 4dr delray police unit/black&white, both 348 and the brookwood 9 pass. wagon/sierra gold with 283 4bl&od. All cars very complete(except impala front seat).

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Kevin, Welcome to the site. Lots of info here. I can't answer your questions but I 'm sure others here can. We went through Nebraska last summer in my 61' Impala. We were camped at the City Park in Mason City, about 50-60 miles west of Grand Island on Hy-2. One of the locals noticed us camped there so he stopped to shoot the breeze and look at the 61'. When he left my wife said that everyone in town would know that we were there by 6:00 pm. Sure enough about 6:00 pm they all started to show up. All ten of them...:roll They brought there old cars and we BBQ and had a great visit. The first guy that had stopped earlier in the afternoon, Ed and his wife invited us to breakfast at their home the next morning. We really enjoyed your part of the country...