1958 Chevy Bel Air

de31168

Well Known Member
Go for it. I have always liked the 58's best. You are either a very young feller or have a lot of free time on your hands to restore cars.:clap I have gotten to the point where I will only restore a car that is still drivable. Leo

I completely agree about the driveable part! I am 29, so not real young, and I have nights and weekends, so not much free time! I do what I can with what I have to work with.

Simps37

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
29.......29.......nope, according to what is left of my brain cells.....I skipped 29 !

de31168

Well Known Member
Well i've decided that this is just too massive and expensive of a project for me to continue. Anyone need any parts for a 58? I'll save a few things to put on my Biscayne, sell the rest, and send the shell to the crusher. The floor is rotted in so many different places, as well as all floor braces. After pricing just the sheetmetal to repair the floor alone on top of paying someone to weld it in, I just can't afford to throw that kind of money at it at this time. I'd even sell the thing whole if someone else is more ambitious than I.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Someone would most likely love to have that car to restore. Definately worth saving, IMO. Why don't you put it on Craigs List, and in the for sale section here ? Would be a shame to scrap it out. These cars are becoming more rare every day ! Once they are gone...........that's it !