MS 1959 348 Motor

waddict

Supporting Member 4
This is a motor I kept after my husband's passing in 2017. My brother removed it from the 1959 4 door it came from. The following is the description he gave me. It is now in storage in Hernando, Mississippi as I sold my home and now have no where to store it.
Please understand I have no real knowledge of motors, I just know it came out of an intact car and know it's an original, untouched motor. If anyone is interested, just post on here to let me know.

1959 348 engine assembled. Always been in dry storage for many years. Still has locks on exhaust manifold bolts. Suffix is T 129 G. 3755011 casting number , cast date A 20 59. Heads are 3750378 casting number dated L 11 58 and L 15 58. Should be January 1959 engine , 250 hp with automatic. Should be in excellent condition to rebuild. Will disassemble to verify the internal condition. No starter, generator or distributor. Has original 4gc carb and intake.

Attachments

waddict

Supporting Member 4
Horace Elliott. Yes, he was a big 348/409 collector. I know you knew him, Phil.

I have a little left, mostly now in Mississippi with my brother who is a street rodder and has a '40 Ford coupe.

waddict

Supporting Member 4
How are you, Ray? Yes, we drove a '65 SS convertible and it was turquoise with white guys. Such great memories of the trip and meeting you and Marcia...hope I spelled her name right...