1960 Impala interior Trim

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
I have a couple questions about the trim and interior parts on 1960 Impalas.

1. How do you remove the bright trim from the glove box door?

2. It looks like the metal dash is a bolt in deal. Am I looking at this right?

3. Between a 4 door sport sedan, a 4 door sedan and a 2 door coupe what interior components interchange? I think the dash is the same, but are the kick panels and front windshield trim the same for all? Looking at pictures the vent window looks like it would interchange as well. I believe the doors are the same between the sedans, but I'm wondering if the front arm rest is the same on a coupe as a sedan. Also it looks like the trunks are different between the models is this right?

Carlos Torres

Well Known Member
Wolf, the information I have is for a '59 sport coupe but both 59 & 60 are similar in the interiors.

Is this the glove box/dash trim piece you are referring to? as you can see there is a clip that goes into the holes and is held when they open/expand from the back side. To remove, use a flat tool (slotted screw driver) to gently lift from one side working your way through it while lifting it.
dash.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on the dash connection but I believe there were some tack welded parts from dash to body. I could be wrong.

I also believe that the trunks/deck lids between the 4 doors and convertibles were the same but differ from the coupes. The 2 door vehicles were almost 1' longer than the 4 doors and convertibles. Dash should be the same. I don't have any input on the remaining components you asked about.

Last edited:

Deadwolf

Well Known Member
Thanks all. Just trying to part out a 60 Impala and don’t want to mislead people on what fits what.

On a side note I was under the dash removing the light switch when low and behold a set of keys that fit all the locks and ignition in the car fell out and hit me on the head. Now I have a set of keys for the car.