1961-1964 Chev radiator core support filler panel

ken smith

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A couple suppliers are selling the above panel which fits between the grill shell and the radiator. One purpose is to change the air flow pattern thru the radiator NOT over the top.
Has anyone used one of these? Does it help the radiator temp ? Seems like a good idea to me.......

jdk971

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
i believe i first saw those at v8buickforum. i heard they worked fine. jim

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
If you are talking about the aftermarket filler panels that fill the area from the fender to the hood latch.
I have them in my 62. I don't see a major difference in my temp gauge, but I did try to tape off that area and also had a piece of paper lay against the radiator. It did make a difference if the paper stayed against the radiator.
So it must do some help, but I tell as to how much, but it does look good.

Dave

Agent Blue

Well Known Member
Between this set of panels and the " vortex booster " from the of past, up to 20% fuel savings and of course the extra power certainly wouldn't be over looked. I'm still trying to make the ice cubes and cow magnets work on the fiuel line. Flux capacitor, next stop.

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Between this set of panels and the " vortex booster " from the of past, up to 20% fuel savings and of course the extra power certainly wouldn't be over looked. I'm still trying to make the ice cubes and cow magnets work on the fiuel line. Flux capacitor, next stop.

Don't forget the K&N.