1961 348-350 paperwork

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Original window stickers were printed with INK. Accurate looking reproductions are printed with TONER. Pretty easy to tell the difference if you know how to look at it. Ink jet? Don't even waste your time.

62impala409

Supporting Member 1
Looks like a nice Impala for the money. This is just another example of "cheaper to buy one done" rather than dragging home a basket case and restoring it, especially if most of the work has to be farmed out. JMHO

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
That is the problem, People like fsc66 make and age window stickers to make them look like originals. The cars in the xframe era are very hard to verify and this makes them easy to fabricate cars. Normally they do this to high dollar cars but even though this window sticker is from a more common car it could still be a fake. You would need to see the sticker up close but if what I think I see is correct it still appears that it could be a fake probably made some time ago.

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I doubt that being an original sticker. The dealer was supposed to remove the sticker before the car was delivered and most of them just took a razor blade and cut if off. I'm sure that if someone bought a car back then and had foresight enough to want to keep all the paperwork then they would have made an effort to remove the sticker without destroying it but that wasn't usually the case.
I purchased my 61 SS from the original owner and he saved every piece of paper work that the dealer gave him but theit was no winow sticker, he said they destroyed it when they removed it. I considered having one made but then decided against it, I had every original piece of paperwork and an original one owner first year Super Sport, why add anything fake to it.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
We have the one from our 1961 Parkwood, but I have not seen it in 20 years. It is packed away somewhere in all of my father's stuff. I am sure it is authentic because the car was nothing considered "collectable" back when he bought it.

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Modern repo window sticker will have dotted edges from the toner placement or ink bleed if an ink jet. You would need a 10x glass to see this.

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
If you look at that one closely at the top it appears to have the little nubs from a track feed printer. I have never seen a window sticker that wasn't a smooth edge. I know all the new reproduction window stickers have a straight edge. The car has 283 badges but he claims it to be a original car with a 327 and no cost for the 327. It has to be one or the other?

fsc66

Well Known Member
Usually a tell-tale sign of reproduction window stickers are the straight edges. The majoity of the original forms would have perforations on all 4 sides. There are plenty of other issues with the forms that are sold by most on-line retailers. Most sell a form that they claim is correct for a span of years when most are not. Incorrect verbiage, spacing, alignment and of course the obscure font that was used and that also is different in varying extents through the years and models.

Paul