1961 409

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
One word,documentation.If the original paper work isn't with the car,the other person is likely lying.You can look up from this site the block,head,intake and exhaust manifold casting numbers.They only made 142 of them in 61.

Dale Ferriera

He told me the original motor blew up in 64 or 65 and he put a 2x4 409 in it.He does have the window sticker which states a AQ THURBO THRUST 360. this is what confused me.The original owner worked for the chevy dealership.He was working to put the car back in restored condition when he pasted away in 2016.The car has new hood and inner front fenders because the original where cut up for headers and a scoop. It also has a P on the rear end third member.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Since it has a later 409 in it now,it's just another 61 that's had the engine added.The P case simply indicates positraction.That option could be had with any engine in 61.Look at the window sticker to see if the vin matches.We have members that can point out other items,like Tommy and Robert.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Since it has a later 409 in it now,it's just another 61 that's had the engine added.The P case simply indicates positraction.That option could be had with any engine in 61.Look at the window sticker to see if the vin matches.We have members that can point out other items,like Tommy and Robert.
Gee thanks for the intro Don. I just got onboard this thread. I am assuming there are several informational clear photos. Yes a build sheet is important but maybe can be determined what the isn’t?:scratch
Robert