1961/62 Factory AC cars, need help!

Junky

Well Known Member
Since I had the dash out, and the heater box, I believe that I don't have the right side cable in the correct position, since it won't go into the die cast housing. I am also having the same problem with the control cable that regulates the valve on the A/C evaporator. I would like some pictures showing how these cables were routed from the factory. I searched the assembly manual to no avail. This is the last thing that I have to fix before I can drive it. I have temporarily joined the theater hoses together, until I know for certain that I wont have to remove the heater one more time. I know that next time it will be a whole lot easier, because I have done twice now. I also lost the little plastic connector that goes to the compressor clutch. If anyone has a junk harness and would like to cut it off for me, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks Junky

55Brodie

Well Known Member
Assembly manual section 110, sheets 13, 18, 19 and 20 show the cable routing pretty clearly. This is for the in-dash AC.

Junky

Well Known Member
Thanks... I was so tired last night, I couldn't find it in the book, and gave up trying early. I am down to the wire with having it on the road tomorrow to go to a show, so I don't think that I will get to it today. Still have to put the seat back in, and clean the car. thanks again... Junk.

Junky

Well Known Member
Gee Junky, since you are so experienced you can do my car when the time comes.

Experienced in what? If it is A/C that you need help with I will be glad to help you. I will even come to Fort Worth, if you provide the round trip ticket, room and board, etc.. Experience is expensive..

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Junky....you might want to reconsider your "conditions"!!!!!!!
If you get to Fort Worth, and fix the AC, you will be only be about an hour from Pat Lobb's Treasure Chest of High Performance Race Cars!!!!!!!! That right there would be the price of admission!!!!!!!!!!!
Just sayin'............