1961 Brookwood Patina Project

ragtp66

Well Known Member
61 Brookwood Patina Project. Still a work in progress but she is very close to being up and driving after being idle for a LONG LONG LONG time. Still needs an alignment and exhaust and it is looking like the interior will be the winter portion of the project thanks to Covid19 lead times are around 5 months for the guts. It still going to be a fun lil grocery getter. Gen2 SBC kept a mix of new and old under the hood. 700R4 4:10 Posi. Running 18x10 rears and 18x8 fronts, Airride from Boris/Street Machinery. Global west/Borgeson steering and sway bar. Show Cars second banana bar and no more panhard bar. Aluminum radiator, slotted and drilled discs. American Autowire wiring harness.
Parkwood Pictures

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I like it ......cool project........:clap:clap:clap.......... The best thing about it is you made it yours ......!!!!!!:good

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I really like your 61 wagon,
Love the look and the engine bay is awesome
Dont let Gav (59nomadnz) know i like the look as i bust his chops about painting his wagon:D

Steve
I am more a shiny paint guy myself but this one works as is. I have been on the hunt for a good original white paint fender to match the rest of the body but 61 fenders are tough to find not rotted out. I had a MINT one that was in fawn but I did not want a re-painted fender I want an FACTORY painted fender just like the rest of the car. The next owner might paint the car and then it becomes irrelevant. Once the interior is done the engine compartment, suspension, will all be new just the wrapper will be original. The interior will really leave people scratching their head when they see it. It will look mostly stock with a few twists and tweaks.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
I like the "mix" of old and new, that can be hard to pull off sometimes.

I agree it is easy to mess it up and make it look thrown together in hindsight I would have rather stayed with rams horn manifolds but I had the tubular so we used em. Same with the HEI, I had it so I used it but I could have easily gone pertronix and a window cap and it would have looked more period correct. It was close to getting a 6.0 LS but I decided to put that in my Chevelle Rag top instead so it stayed SBC.