1961 Bubbletop Interior Dome lights location

Tomy2tone01

Supporting Member 3
I am finishing my 61 Bubbletop, FINALLY! When I bought it, it had no interior headliner etc. Trying to figure out where the lights go on the post. I heard there are 2 lighters on the post. Can someone show me the location and if possible does someone have a pic of the post without the trim on it?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3073.JPG
    IMG_3073.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 28

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
There should be holes right about where your head is when sitting in the drivers seat. Nothing on the posts that I know of.

Tomy2tone01

Supporting Member 3
I went out and looked. No holes!!!! If anyone has a pic of theirs installed please post it. If you have pics of the post with the holes please post it!!

Last edited:

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
This photo show the interior light above the pillar and there's a coat hook just behind it.

Attachments

• sucp_1004_16+1961_chevy_impala_ss+the_hicks interior light.jpg
    sucp_1004_16+1961_chevy_impala_ss+the_hicks interior light.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 25

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
You also need a orange and white wiring harness to both lights under the headliner -behind the top bows on the drivers side and run down the drivers side windshield pillar to plug into the factory style rear wiring harness. All hardtops have this harness to match the factory interior lights that came on the car. I have some new originals of the orange and white wire.

I just checked I have a complete orange and white wiring harness from 61 (it looks like it to me) with mint original long rectangular chrome lights and the original lenses. They look like the ones for a 61 -in the picture above. They have two mounting holes and the mounting screws, sockets, original bulbs and lenses. They were removed from a car at least 30 years ago (by a friend of mine) and stored inside.

pictures of the orange and white wire on my 62 Impala 2 door hardtop (for your belair I am sure the wire is just a little shorter -but the routing is the same).

62 chevy -blue restoration 005.jpg62 chevy -blue restoration 004.jpg62 chevy -blue restoration 003.jpg62 chevy -blue restoration 002.jpg

Paul