1961 Chevrolet Parkwood "OLD GOLD" 108k original miles

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Nice job Seth ! who's brackets and pulleys did you use on the motor ?

Andy
Andy, I used brandnew polished billet specialties pulleys and then sent them straight to powdercoat. The brackets are Bill's Brackets and ive used his outboard setup a couple times and love them. I order them in raw steel and disassemble and sent for powder to match all the other componets. Real nice stuff. Thanks for the compliment.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Nice build Seth. I would be proud to have that car. BT

Thank you Barry! I just drove the 68 Camaro for the first time today and it rode very nice. Very please with the outcome, going to charge the A/C tomorrow morning and waiting on a flexplate cover and a Hotchkis Convertible only reinforcement plate. Other than that, she's dooooooone!

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
You guys will find this interesting, my 61 convertible which finished building in late 2009 and then sold in 2010.
1003091828a_476800-1.jpg

Now looks like this.......
2012102495113640.jpg

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Oh my gosh, that makes me sick. That was a beautiful car!
What started the fire?

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Oh no! Is that the guy in Houston that bought your car? I bought the inner fenders and hood hinges for my car from him.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Holo Moly!!!!!!!!!!! Hope anyone didn't get hurt in the fire. That's terrible......................:cry

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
Oh no! Is that the guy in Houston that bought your car? I bought the inner fenders and hood hinges for my car from him.

Well, the fella in Houston who bought my Convertible then sold it last year to someone in Dallas/Forth Worth area and this is where the fire occured.

Mr.1961

Well Known Member
And a 64 parked right next to it!

The 64 Impala Convertible was from what I am told, was also restored and a very beautiful ride as well. Fortunately, no one was hurt in the blaze, and now my old convertible (now salvaged) was purchased by another friend to save his field find true Midnight Blue original convertible.

My mom has a 1961 Bel Air Parkwood 9 passenger 283 V8 with automatic transmission wagon, that has been parked in her garage, in the Los Angeles area, for fifteen years; It needs restoration including belts, hoses, tires etc. The body is in pretty good condition, but the wind shield is cracked. What is a reasonable price range to ask for it.

Last edited:

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My mom has a 1961 Bel Air Parkwood 9 passenger wagon that has been parked in her garage, in the Los Angeles area, for fifteen years; It needs restoration including belts, hoses, tires etc. The body is in pretty good condition, but the wind shield is cracked. What is a reasonable price range to ask for it.

I'd love to have it Gary as mine has some rust issues but I'm across the country from you. Post up some pictures when you have time and we can give you a better idea of it's value.