1961 Impala Gas Tank with Filler Neck

gearheadtx

Supporting Member 1
I am looking for a new Gas Tank for my 1961 Impala (4DR) and am having a hard time finding a place out there that sell a new tank with the filler neck. Most tanks do not have the filler neck and what I am hearing from the other restorers and some of these vendors is that I have to take my old filler neck and weld it to the new tank. That seems like a lot of work and expense. Has anyone had a any luck with a complete gas tank with filler neck already attached. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks,

Mark:bang

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don't know of any that come with a filler pipe. They fit 1961-64. They have the stub but no neck. I can ship a new one to you for $150, but no filler pipe included.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

impalaragpat

Well Known Member
I don't know of any that come with a filler pipe. They fit 1961-64. They have the stub but no neck. I can ship a new one to you for $150, but no filler pipe included.

You do have a great price...and im sure your service is much better ,too.
Can you supply original seat covers and door panels for my 61 conv? Door weatherstripping and fuzzies?

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You do have a great price...and im sure your service is much better ,too.
Can you supply original seat covers and door panels for my 61 conv? Door weatherstripping and fuzzies?

No upholstery. Cars Inc is the one to see for orig upholstery.

gearheadtx

Supporting Member 1
Thank you all. I appreciate all the prompt feedback. I'll dig into it and let you know if I have any more questions.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Why is it the filler tube is not on the tank.
Is it so you can use one tank on multiple years??:dunno