1961 Impala seat moldings

montemike79

Well Known Member
Working on '61 Impala, came with the seat moldings but the guy said he was missing a couple brackets. Does anyone have any pictures of these brackets to attach these to the seats or know where I can find them ? I haven't been able to find anything searching the internet, figured you guys here would know. Thanks

LMBRJQ 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Mike.
Have a look at the manual or tell us what type of seats
I guess split bench and two door.?
Can you post a pic of what you have?

Steve

montemike79

Well Known Member
61 Impala 2 door, factory bench. Just ordered an assembly manual, nothing in the shop manual about this. I haven't been able to find any repro clips/brackets or info about them on the web. Have only had this car a week, trying to get some things together before the weather turns to shit here in PA. Here is a picture

Last edited:

montemike79

Well Known Member
Which manual would this be in ? I have the shop manual and assembly manual, nothing in either ones about the seat moldings.

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I likely have those brackets in one of my parts boxes. I had my seats recovered and blasted the brackets last year and still need to put the trim on. I do not know their position though, hopefully it's somewhat obvious. lol I can take pics of them tomorrow if you like.

montemike79

Well Known Member
That would be great. I have some pieces, but think we're missing the ones that hold the lower pieces on. If you have any extra I'd be interested in buying them. Thanks

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Not sure if this will help but this is what I have.

IMAG2275_zpsj4d3elvk.jpg

IMAG2274_zpsji2s1e2d.jpg

montemike79

Well Known Member
Thanks that helps a lot, we are missing those brackets, now I know what they look like. Anybody have any they want to part with ?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I think I have the two seat trim brackets in the picture. I will look today.
The springs and the small L brackets are for the seat tracks.
Paul