1961 quarters

skaz

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
does anyone make full replacement quarter panels for a 61 bubbletop?
.......thanks skaz

Last edited:

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm sure this isn't going to help you, but here it goes. About 30 years ago, I bought a '61 Impala vert that needed total restoration. I normally do some homework on a car I'm going to buy, including parts availability, but fell asleep at the switch on this one. Got it home and started my research. I needed two full quarter panels and found out, that the dies used to stamp out the quarters for a '61, were consumed and lost in a Chicago fire. Are you kidding me. I found NOS quarters at $2000.00 each. Yeah. Right. I think I only paid $900.00 for the car. At least I think that was the price. My search continued, which yielded nothing. I lost interest, the car turned into a wild cat sanctuary and I donated it to the American Lung Society. That was then. This is now. Many years have passed and I really don't know what is available for a '61. I don't see a whole lot. 62's aren't bad but, '63 and 64's seem to be the favorite children. With the internet, you just might get lucky. Best wishes with your search, Carmine.