1962 2 door hardtop QB 409 with 3 speed

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Real cheap back then, thankfully!

Our parts manager had been in some kind of big WWII hand to hand combat fight so NO BODY crossed him, everything exactly right!!
Especially since he returned....everyone understood....
No offence Pat , I am sure you was a straight shooter then as you are today!!! Just joking .

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Lots then and a different color, LOL LOL.

blkblk63ss, no offense taken, because we did have a guy that got fired real quick. Later he surfaced at a speed shop selling parts, seems he told them, I'm real good at what I do, but I'm a thief, now pay me what I need and I won't steal from you. They did and he did, after all he was a thief, could not help himself :):):):)

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Real cheap back then, thankfully!

Pat a few years ago a guy around here that was a parts manager at the local Chevrolet dealer back in the day was showing me a NOS SS grab bar. On the sticker was the retail price written and I don't recall it now but that same part has to be thousands now.
Robert

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Whatever it is, the ROI is incredible!!

Probably not as good as an IBM splitting multiple times since ‘61 but a pretty good return.

Now I don’t think I’m going out on a limb here saying any of us, I mean any of us were thinking of IBM in ‘61:dunno, or , 62 or 63, or , 64, or any year when you are 17-18.

I vividly remember attending an all dealership meeting one night in the service Dept drive.

Being one of the youngest and newest, I closed up each night.

I lowered the drive overhead doors, locked everything.

( I can’t believe they gave ME a key)!!!

We had an all dealership meeting about future investments, save $3 a week or something they wanted to take from me and in 25 years or 1,000 years or some incredible number of years into the future I would have $100k!

Who gave a SH_T!!

What a bunch of idiots, I needed a ring gear and pinion and that costs $45 and I made about $1.25 hr!!

What in the hell were they thinking!!