1962 409 Bubbletop Belair

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I bought the Wilson headers for one of my 63's and just got them installed last week and fit beautiful, don't know if they clear the original starter as on this car I have has a smaller starter. Just have to follow the installation instructions as a few things have to be removed like the oil filter then re installed. No dents no rubs absolutely perfect headers and have a built in cap you can unholy to run open headers while leaving street exhaust hooked up.. This car even has the original oil filter canister.

Nice car. How long ago did Grandpa restore it?

It was a present a few years ago. It was restored when he got it but a few things were gone through. Believe it or not, he had one with 409 as a kid, but couldn't afford the payments after a few months.

It has a bigger cam to breathe better, the stock manual was replaced with something that can handle the power and a Ford 9" put in with 4.XX gears since the stock axles got twisted somehow :laugh4

"Can't have fun if you don't drive em"

Is there a story around your user name?A super rare fish thought to have been extinct doesn't seem like much of a threat.

I love deadmau5, the music producer, who uses Coelacanth in a few song titles. Its a unique username that many people haven't used yet, but not every site had Coelacanth available. I know they're mostly gentle creatures, so what's better than calling them killers for the sake of having a really unique username

Aducati4me

Well Known Member
Mark Wilson can you give us a price on a set of 1 7/8” headers? I’m interested. Tried to find your website but wasn’t able to. Might be looking in the wrong place.

Mark Wilson

Well Known Member
Wow! A bit overwhelmed by the response this morning. I may have underestimated the demand for the original 1 7/8 inch version of this header

I believe that I have all five sets sold already. Anyone that wishes to have a set and confirms there order in a PM to me today will receive the $100.00 forum discount. It may take me a couple weeks to fulfill the additional orders though.

Thank you all very much for your support.

Mark S Wilson